Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Prize for next MP campaign

Your country needs you.

Join Vasco's campaign and you could be the pilot with this in your trophy cabinet.

post-45885-12619541527203.jpg

This is a actual RAF tankard from No 8 Sqd based at R.A.F Scampton which was aquired from the officers mess in the 1970's

if you would like this for your collection then join up for the Sunday MP campaign.

If you are thinking of joining up for a 3 month campaign then please post here so we get a rough idea of the numbers.

Campaign date will be 1916, flying for the RFC.

Start date 10.1.10 / time 1900 GMT

Edited by Red-Dog

I assume these campaign missions are user-made and "scripted"? I'm not sure how else you'd go about running an online "campaign".

Just curious is all...

Cheers,

Parky

I assume these campaign missions are user-made and "scripted"? I'm not sure how else you'd go about running an online "campaign".

Just curious is all...

Cheers,

Parky

Hi Parky, we use the same campaign missions you have just with our own aircraft in.

Edited by Red-Dog

Parky,

As Red-Dog says, I create a pilot and use the single player campaign to generate all the neccessary mission files which I then amend using the mission builder to allow up to 16 people to participate.

What you fly offline and alone during a single player campaign, we fly together.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

To both of you chaps,

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated!

I remember Polovski mentioning something about being able to conduct online campaigns using this method.

I'll assume all that needs to be done in terms of editing is making the AI craft flyable?

Sounds simple enough, but I'll bet it can be a royal PITA if you're not real familiar with the MB to begin with.

I did manage to put together a couple of simple missions back when I was running Phase II.

That was with a great deal of help from both the Master Mission Maker himself (Pilotsden) as well as Gandi...who also has the patience of a saint I might add.

Would be a fabulous idea to make these Campaigns available for download by the less patient and talented among us....namely ME....lol.

I may just try my hand at creating one from scratch when time permits, but don't be surprised if you get a desperate, sobbing cry for help.

Thanks a ton for the info!

Cheers,

Parky

Edited by Parky

Parky,

During the Sunday MP session, I put together a mission so we could practice together in DH2s in preparation for this next campaign - it took me less than 15 minutes from scratch while the other guys grabbed a coffee.

And here's a little taster of what happened when the boys of Vasco's Volunteers ran into 40 Squadron RFC led by Mick Mannock during our current campaign- enjoy!

You don't get this level of immersion in single player campaigns.

Vasco :pilotfly: