Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

HitR download

Out of curiosity, how many download tries did it take you to successfully download HitR? I gave it a shot yesterday evening just before bedtime. Went and checked about 45 minutes later and the UI said the download was complete, but I only got a little over 200MBs. And 7Zip couldn't unpack it. And is the download a Zip or RAR file? Anybody use a download manager? When I started the download the website said I had 3 more downloads. Is that 3 more tries to get it right or 3 more downloads to get the complete file?

Just one download try for me. Did it on the day it came out. Don't give up if you're having troubles. It's money that is very well spent.

Hellshade

mine was a zip,,,,and if i remeber correctlry (could be wrong) the limitation as a time factor,,,(ie,,you have 6 more days to download) and did not notice any limits on how many times i could download...

but,if you go back to the download site, would think that would be all spelled out..

my time was up a while ago, so i cant get that info for you.

Downloaded, broadband, first try on day one. Unzipped with 7-Zip. Installed with no problems. Did not use a manager.

Thanks, all. Think I'll give it another try this afternoon while watching the Roseball in Pasadena. Hellshade, of that I'm well aware. I still have Phase 1 and Phase 2 on a couple of my computers. I've got 'em backed up on disk and an external hard drive. Even the original third party missions for Phase 1.

Edited by waco1937

Got 'er downloaded the second time. Thanx again, every body. Back to football now.

waco.....i had the same problem.....download seemed to go ok but neither winzip or 7 zip could unpack the download and I was left with an endless loop that almost ground the puter to a stop....and I couldn't get rid of it even on a restart. It seems most folks have had no problem....but my experience was exactly like yours less the download time. I bought HitR for a Vista set up and it installed beautifully, played better, and was all you could ask for..... but replaced my system with a new hard drive, motherboard, and windows 7.....and I can't make the download unpack and install. I'm a bit unwilling to send the computer into a second tailspin by redownloading and trying the same routine so maybe I'll wait for a cd version unless any of the miracle workers here have another suggestion. The devs have been more than patient trying to fix this with me but so far no go. good luck and happy new year!

Gaw,

I had no problem unpacking the 2nd HitR download with 7Zip. Haven't installed it yet. I'm gonna do a fresh install of BH&H w/Supa & 1.32G mini. Then I'll install HitR & 1.46 mini. I downloaded everything downstairs to a machine that's hard wired to the modem/router. But the installation is going on the better machine upstairs that's on a wireless connection. It's the newest machine with a quad core, SLI & two 275GTX video cards. I've run BH&H on it with the sliders on 5 without a burp except an artifact while panning from the VC. I'll post how it all turns out. I've see your moniker on another forum somewhere. Could've it been the old OFF forum on SOH?

Well, the HitR installation went fine. I did a fresh install of BH&H on D drive and routed HitR there flying a QC in free flight with a new pilot between each addon. Thanx again, everyone, for your input.

Edited by waco1937

glad you got er sorted.......I'll try your move on another puter

waco......yeah that's me looking for answers over there too about stick issues. everything played flawlessly for so long i began to feel immune from things going bump in the night......now it's my turn to bleat for help. cheers........gaw