Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Moshi moshi Wrench!

Guest Eject

Wrench, I have touched on the problem in my previous posts here, also been discussed (u said it) in TW's Forum, of which I am not the member of.

I shall not go into detail here, later I shall get back to you. This info might be useful for others having such issue in WOE/WOI/WOV. I found a small mod here at DL section last year which sit in my HDD unused for quite a long time.

Alas, this small mod by a senior modder here works only for GermanCY, IsraelME, AE (what is it anyway???), and Libya. It would be very great if the creative guy the modder can help us make it available also for other add-on Terrains, such as Formosa, Taiwan, India, SoCal etc that sustain same simmering Seas.

I shall get back before end of this week.

Now my Seas in IsraelMe2, GermanCY, and Libya look really verrrrry good, and nera-perfectly realistic! Btw, added as well to the Seas was the Sea.tga from other good Terrain.

So, I must apologize to whoever created the GermanyCE, IsraelMe, and Libya SEAS for me having said that they were bad ones. No, they just need a cosmetic touch i.e. pasting said small mod, and Sea.tga 

I believe u can get it in the DL section of TERRAIN, Tilset or Environment, namely Map INI Tweak.

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

why don't you tell us WHAT needed to be fixed? The exact steps used, files, etc in a clear conscise and detailed manner? The rest above is just fluff.

Post the relevant sections of the data in that needed editing (mind you, I've NEVER had the problem, so...."unable to duplicate cusomer complaint" as we used to say in the shop)

AE= Africa, East aka: Madagasscar

Guest Eject

why don't you tell us WHAT needed to be fixed? The exact steps used, files, etc in a clear conscise and detailed manner? The rest above is just fluff.

Post the relevant sections of the data in that needed editing (mind you, I've NEVER had the problem, so...."unable to duplicate cusomer complaint" as we used to say in the shop)

AE= Africa, East aka: Madagasscar

OK Wrench, as said I shall get back with the detail. Gotta do real urgent matter on the ground. C u later. It's year 2010, et u still the ol' Wrench with 'quick-draw' replies with less mercy -- no offense mate -- at least to me.....hahaha, like, when u said quote "the rest above is just fluff". Anyway, it;s ur style perhaps. Do not get mad at me OK. :salute: C ya

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Do you mean you had issues with how water was displayed, and you have a fix for it?

Let us see the effect as you seem to like it so much

and then, let us know how you get there

btw, GermanyCE and IsraelME are stock terrain made by TK....

• Dislike 1

Guest Eject

Do you mean you had issues with how water was displayed, and you have a fix for it?

Let us see the effect as you seem to like it so much

and then, let us know how you get there

btw, GermanyCE and IsraelME are stock terrain made by TK....

Thanks Sonny, I shall get to you later when I am completely OK. Since yesterday I have been having 'something is not right' with my stomack. We Indonesians call it "masuk angin" [masuk (maa-sook)= getting in; angin (aang-een)= the wind/chilly air] the English-speaking people call a Heart-Burn.

Btw, the "solution" on shimmering waters is NOT my creation.

There had been at least two small add-ons I DL-ed from here that had been ignored by me. After some trial-and-errors in my attempts to have near-perfect, natural-looking Seas using them plus ONE dot TGA; I, by accident I guess, got the best Seas!

Yes, Seas in GermanCY and in IsraelME are by TK, yet, the small Add-On does indeed on purpose meant for use to improve the SEAS in both great Terrains.

This small Add-On also fixes the Shimmering Seas in Libya Terrain.

Unfortunately, the Modder has yet to make "accross-the-board," similar Add-Ons that ideally will work as well for other popular Terrains (its Sea). India Terrain e.g., also Vietnam, Taiwan, Formosa, SoCal, and other Terrains that remain suffer same issue (shimmering look).

I shall get back with the small Add-on Sonny.

Thanks for ur time and atention.

BTW, later as soon as I find it I sahll just Paste it here.

As stated above, I did it in T/E (Trial/Error) attempts until I got best result(s).

The following Add-On was used in combination with (copy/pasted separately in same targetted Terrain) Sea1/2 dot TGA copied from normally a good one in GermanCY or IsraelME --

Here it is (wait for an other):

http://forum.combata...s&showfile=9386

and..By Gerwin: http://forum.combata...s&showfile=7588An other worth trying...

By Paladrian (?)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8033

Lastly for now, the concerned SEAS must be set in HIGH in Graphic Option of the game.

I must copy this to my HHD for me to, later when I am OK, present the subjects in a concise, step-by-step manner as our mutual friend Wrench has suggested.

Thanks again Sonny, nice weekend! :bye:

Edited by Eject