Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

24 Sqn RFC Online Campaign

Guys,

I've spent a fair few hours on and offline deciding when the campaign should start and the composition of the squadron. The decision is as follows:

Formation: 24 Squadron RFC

Campaign start date: 17 August 1916

Composition:

A Flight - 5 DH2 (110)

B Flight - 5 DH2 (110)

C Flight - 3 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutters 1A2

The reason for moving the date to later in the year is to be able to get the DH2s with the extra 20HP because some of you (no names, no pack drill) find the 90HP version a pig to fly and keep getting your arses handed to you by Eindekkers. I have also added a third flight of Sopwith 2-seaters rather than the FE2Bs originally intended because of Stumpjumper's hard work in discovering why these aircraft couldn't be flown and correcting it. Hopefully now he's communicated the fix to ODB the next HitR update will repair all of the problem aircraft meaning building campaign missions will be even easier and we can fly Bloody April again properly with the Nieuport 17 Lewises.

I strongly suggest that you all start an offline campaign at that date and get some serious practice in beforehand. These aircraft take practice to fly well and I don't want you all squabbling over the 3 Sopwith's because they're a doddle to fly even on the hard settings we use in MP games.

Regards,

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

do to my work schedule and other commitments i nominate myself as a gunenr onyl for this camp if anybody will have me that is

do to my work schedule and other commitments i nominate myself as a gunenr onyl for this camp if anybody will have me that is

Mike,

Winston's already asked for a dedicated Strutter and I said I'd like to get regular 2-seater crews working together.

You just got the job as his gunner!

Hi Vasco,

Well, i'm pleased to say that my reformatted and reloaded PC is showing signs of great stability (fingers crossed), but the even better news is that my new Belkin N router has an excellent signal, and thus I can reliably connect at high bandwidth to my gaming rig. Hurrah!

So you can expect me for the start of the new campaign - I'm even learning how to fly without TAC and labels. I'm finding no labels a bit of a bugger to be honest, and it'd be nice (IMHO) to be able to have labels that only showed my own squadron, as I think that it would adequately represent a pilot recognising his own people by aircraft markings, serials, etc. It would be great if I could get rid of the wretched blue text on the right (but for fuel and ammo indicators), but I'm sure this can't be done....

So what bat time and bat day do we commence hostilities?

Cheers,

Si

Hi Vasco,

Well, i'm pleased to say that my reformatted and reloaded PC is showing signs of great stability (fingers crossed), but the even better news is that my new Belkin N router has an excellent signal, and thus I can reliably connect at high bandwidth to my gaming rig. Hurrah!

So you can expect me for the start of the new campaign - I'm even learning how to fly without TAC and labels. I'm finding no labels a bit of a bugger to be honest, and it'd be nice (IMHO) to be able to have labels that only showed my own squadron, as I think that it would adequately represent a pilot recognising his own people by aircraft markings, serials, etc. It would be great if I could get rid of the wretched blue text on the right (but for fuel and ammo indicators), but I'm sure this can't be done....

So what bat time and bat day do we commence hostilities?

Cheers,

Si

Welcome back Simon!

We've been trying different combinations of TAC, labels and exteral views online to see which is workable this week and have found that TAC only offers a good compromise to flying in FR. We've been able to form up quickly (and reform after combat) by using the TAC alone as all the player markers are cyan and easily identifiable. Add this to the gridded in-game maps that Winston put together based on Red-Dog's model and keeping together in flight is pretty easy.

Jump onto TS sometime and give it ago.

Patch 1.47 is available. I've downloaded but not installed it. Given the short notice, what's the verdict, Vasco? Yea or nay?

Also, I've not picked up whatever Stumpjumper came up with to fix whatever problem exists (existed?) with the Strutters. Do I need to and where do I find it...TS, as usual?

get the patch,,and the strutters

the strutter dl is in the over flanders fielsd room in teamspeak