Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Questions Forwarded Here from TW's Thread Up there

Guest Eject

I saw, down there in this super community of CA, a section where some members discussing Apache and LongBow, and I read just a bit, a senior members' inputs whose inputs/posts I saw quite a lot here (this TW's sims).

I have two disks, 3 years old now, yet are still in good condition of the Apache AH-64 and Longbow that I used to play in my old PC in Windows (Oops! I even forgot the version, Win 98 SE?) occasionally. They, especially the AH-64 was/is really a good sim, e.g., the Chopper could/can hover and is with anti-tank air-to-ground missiles.

Yet, these two great games refused to play in my Win XP Patch 2.

Can anyone please help me how to install them in Win XP Patch 2?? Thank you for your hekp. Perhaps there are some adjustments to tweak with in XP Prof? My ACER NoreBook is with 224MB DDR2 Memory, which handles WOE/WOI with Oct. 2008 Pacth very well, even when three of the game' graphics were set in High, and just one (Water Texture) in Unlimited.

Or should I go directly to the Thread down there?

Can someone senior here help me with the above issue? Thanks to all. This is my first entry here as I posted more in TW's Thread up there.

Edited by Eject

Hi,

Okay have you tried running these in Win 98 mode...

In case you don't know how to do this...

Install the game then creat a shortcut for the game (if one hasn't been created). Then right mouse click on the shortcut go to compatability there is a mode box for click the Run this program in compatibility mode for then use the drop down listing select Win 98 Apply and then ok...

Try the game...

Hope this helps.

Clarify which sims you have:

Digital Integration's Apache

Jane's AH-64D Longbow

Jane's Longbow 2

If you're trying to get Longbow 2 to run, start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longbow_2. Near the bottom, there are a few sites (Flyboy's in particular, I don't know if PositiveG's site is still up since he passed away) that has several tips on how to get Longbow 2 running in XP. At one point I had the original Longbow running as well. I seem to remember DI's Apache (and Hind) working right out of the box.

Personally, now that EE has a very nice upgraded AH-64 (and Hind), I've abandoned the Longbow series entirely...the work that Arneh has done is nothing short of spectacular.

FC

Guest Eject

Hi,

Okay have you tried running these in Win 98 mode...

In case you don't know how to do this...

Install the game then creat a shortcut for the game (if one hasn't been created). Then right mouse click on the shortcut go to compatability there is a mode box for click the Run this program in compatibility mode for then use the drop down listing select Win 98 Apply and then ok...

Try the game...

Hope this helps.

Slart and FC, my sincere thanks for ur prompt replies. Yes, I have played the Apache AH-64 in Win 98SE, and it worked very well. The Longbow tho, I refused to start last time in my old (now RIP) PC. I shall visit the Sites u guys mentioned. Have a nice day gentlemen. Happy landing, do not break a neck. Hahahaa

Guest Eject

Slart and FC, my sincere thanks for ur prompt replies. Yes, I have played the Apache AH-64 in Win 98SE, and it worked very well. The Longbow tho, I refused to start last time in my old (now RIP) PC. I shall visit the Sites u guys mentioned. Have a nice day gentlemen. Happy landing, do not break a neck. Hahahaa

I regret to inform u guys, I found no clue at the Links. Please just let me know, how to install the Apache AH-64, and Longbow Assault in Windows XP Professional Patch 2?? Thanks. Btw, is there any add-on small softwares here that enable us to play them without the CD, like the patches for WOE/Woi?WOV from TW??? 

Hmmm...for some reason, the Wiki entry disappeared.

Read these first:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2540395/Longbow_new_members_read_here_.html#Post2540395

Has a couple of links.

Also, something new has been added:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2894891/Longbow_2_Windows_Vista_7_Fix_.html#Post2894891

Read and learn.

FC