Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Instrument / aids customization

Is there any way to turn off the little blue lines of info in the bottom right corner? (Throttle, bombs-remaining, etc).

Also, related question.....what's the quickest way to get to the keyboard maps? I've been going to 'Quick Flight' then 'Go to Field' and then looking at my key commands. Is there an easier way to bring that screen up?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I think F5 clears the info lines. As for the keyboard layout, I don't think there is any other way to get to the commands outside the 3D gameshell. Just do a free flight non combat mission, and play with the key commands until you get the settings the way you like them. Also, you can adjust your stick null zones in there too, and sensitivity so that you can have a little more stick movement which helps to prevent stalling in turns, or what feels like over controlling. My stick was very sensitive at first until I remembered to go in there. Now my flying surfaces don't go to full throw unless I have the stick all the way over either side. Same for the elevator and rudder too. It does make flying easier.

You can drag that blue copy off the screen if you don't like it. It comes up in the F5 view that allows you to see the instruments, and like the instruments you can drag it to anywhere you want on the screen. I like the inflight compass, I place it behind the tack, but like you I dont like the blue lines of information so I just drag it off the lower right corner of the screen and it is completely invisible but it is still there to be drug back if you need to check something like the fuel level.

Beard