Sign in to follow this  
WildAnimal

LIst of missiles and there guidance system

Hi

Anyone got a list of missiles and there mode of guidance? Radar/heat?

with russian missiles too if possible?

I used to have something up here with the NATO/WP names of Russain missiles and their guidance, though I think I screwed up one of 'em. That was about 3 or so years ago. What missiles do you need the guidance systems of? All of 'em?

EDIT: Here's a list of US Air to Air missiles.

Symbology - IR = Infrared, SARH = Semi-Active Radar Homing, AHM = Active Radar Homing, BR = Beam Rider

Falcon Series

AIM-4A/E/F - SARH

AIM-4B/D/G - Rear Aspect IR

AIM-26A - SARH

Sidewinder Series

AIM-9B/D/E/G/H/I/J/N - Rear Aspect IR

AIM-9C - SARH

AIM-9L/M/X - All-Aspect IR

Sparrow Series

AIM-7C/D/E/F/M/P - SARH

AMRAAM Series

AIM-120A/B/C/D - AHM

Phoenix Series

AIM-54A/B/C - AHM

Russian Missiles

R-77 (AA-12) - AHM

R-73 (AA-11) - All Apsect IR

R-27 (AA-10) - SARH (R,ER), All Aspect IR (T,ET), AHM (AE)

R-33/37 (AA-9) - SARH

R-60 (AA-8) - Limited All Aspect IR, All Apsect IR

R-23 (AA-7) - SARH, Rear Aspect IR

R-40 (AA-6) - SARH (RD), Rear Aspect IR (TD)

R-4 (AA-5) - SARH, Rear Aspect IR

K-9 (AA-4) - SARH, Rear Aspect IR

K-8 (AA-3) - SARH, Rear Aspect IR

K-13 (AA-2) - Rear Aspect IR

K-5 (AA-1) - BR

Edited by Caesar

Guest rscsjsuso5

since i'm chinese for my country i will represent china's missiles

info below

People's Republic of China

• PL-1 — PRC version of the Soviet Kaliningrad K-5 (AA-1 Alkali), retired.
  • PL-2 — PRC version of the Soviet Vympel K-13 (AA-2 Atoll), which was based on AIM-9B Sidewinder. [8] Retired & replaced by PL-5 in PLAAF service.
  • PL-3 — updated version of the PL-2, did not enter service.
  • PL-5 — updated version of the PL-2, known versions include: [9]
    • PL-5A — semi-active radar-homing AAM intended to replace the PL-2, did not enter service. Resembles AIM-9G in appearance.
    • PL-5B — IR version, entered service in 1990s to replace the PL-2 SRAAM. Limited off-boresight
    • PL-5C — Improved version comparable to AIM-9H or AIM-9L in performance
    • PL-5E — All-aspect attack version, resembles AIM-9P in appearance.

[*]PL-7 — PRC version of the IR-homing French R550 Magic AAM, did not enter service. [10][*]PL-8 — PRC version of the Israeli Rafael Python 3 [11][*]PL-9 — short range IR guided missile, marketed for export. One known improved version (PL-9C). [12][*]PL-10 — semi-active radar-homing medium-range missile based on the HQ-61 SAM, [13] often confused with PL-11. Did not enter service.[*]PL-11 — medium-range air-to-air missile (MRAAM), based on the HQ-61C & Italian Aspide (AIM-7) technology. Limited service with J-8-B/D/H fighters. Known versions include: [14]

• PL-11 — MRAAM with semi-active radar homing, based on the HQ-61C SAM and Aspide seeker technology, exported as FD-60 [15]
    • PL-11A — Improved PL-11 with increased range, warhead, and more effective seeker. The new seeker only requires fire-control radar guidance during the terminal stage, providing a basic LOAL (lock-on after launch) capability.
    • PL-11B — Also known as PL-11 AMR, improved PL-11 with AMR-1 active radar-homing seeker.
    • LY-60 — PL-11 adopted for navy ships for air-defense, sold to Pakistan but does not appear to be in service with the Chinese Navy. [16]

[*]PL-12 (SD-10) — medium-range active radar missile [17][*]TY-90 — light IR-homing air-to-air missile designed for helicopters [18]

from wiki more info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-to-air_missile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missiles_by_country

enjoy wiki's pictures

You can try this one as well:

http://missile.index.ne.jp/en/

covers stargetic ballistic, battlefield s-s and air-to-air

wrench

kevin stein

Very nice guys, thanks, keep list coming if there are more...

Was trying the MIG-23 for SF2..... irritating that the mig-23/27 weapon add-on dont have the system list.

But now i can make it my self.