Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Radom skins appear for same aircraft

This is something I've done for awhile now. Figured I'd share with you guys. It's a simple tweak to get different skins for the same aircraft to appear in the same missions. eg. In one mission I'll see an enemy flight of FokkerDr1's in Jasta 11 colors. Then in a matter of minutes I'll be jumped by a flight of Fokker Dr1's from say Jasta 27 (sometimes grin.gif ). The aircraft do appear at random. The chances are pretty slim the same aircraft with different skins will appear at the same time. But it has happened.

Before I would just put my favorite skin as [TextureSet001] in the aircrafts's Config.ini file to make it appear all the time. Gets kind of boring after awhile seeing the same skin over and over.. So I just copied an aircraft folder (or as many aircraft as you want or as many times as you want) and put one skin inside.

For the stock game aircraft you have to unpack the CAT security folders in the C: /First Eagles /objects/ CAT.ini folder using the SFP1 Extract Utility found here at CombatAce in the SFP1 download section under "Utilities". Once you unpack everything copy then paste the aircraft's Config.ini file and DATA.ini file (from the aircraft you're copying ofcourse) into the new folder. Then rename a couple of things. See below.

1. Copy any aircraft folder and rename it. Ex: From FokkerDr1 to FokkerDr1J27 (for Jasta 27 skin to appear).

2. Then copy the original aircraft's Config.ini file and the DATA.ini file from the /Objects/ folder and paste them into the new aircraft folder.

3. Rename these two files from FokkerDr1.ini to FokkerdR1j27.ini and FokkerDr1_DATA.ini to FokkerDrJ27_DATA.ini

4. Open the FokkerDr1J27.ini file and change ONLY the lines in the [AircraftData] section as follows then save:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Fokker Dr.1 J27 <--------here

AircraftShortName=FokkerDr1J27 <--------here

AircraftDataFile=FokkerDr1J27_data.ini <-------and here

CockpitDataFile=FokkerDr1_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=FokkerDr1_hangar.bmp

LoadoutFile=FokkerDr1_Loadout.ini

LoadingScreen=FokkerDr1_Loading.bmp

5. From the new AC folder open the Config.ini file again, select only ONE skin (TextureSet), the one you like best, and delete the rest. Renumber it [TextureSet001] and save.

5. That should be it if I remember correctly. Remember this is just for AI aircraft. You should select the original aircraft to use and from there select the skins you want. The new folders will only have one skin.

The add on aircraft from Skunkworks and other third-party developers have all the aircraft info already in the aircraft's main folders. So you wont need to unpack anything for these aircraft. Only change the names of the .ini files and the names inside the aircraft's Config.ini files. Might get confusing but just post questions here at this thread for help.

This seems very long but it's really not. If it doesnt work then I must have left something out somewhere. Just yell at me in the next post. But this is well worth it. Variety is always bestgood.gif