Sign in to follow this  
quack74

For Peter01

Hello peter01. That Pup skin you included with your flight model updates is superb to say the least. It looks like a photo realistic skin. My question to you is, is this skin able to be re-skinned and re-posted with proper credits? I noticed on the skin template it states "Do not redistribute". But you posted it with your flight models. I ask because it makes and incredible base to create new skins. Or even redo the ones I already did. For my own use I've already changed to the stock WHITELETTER decaling (rather than that blue) and created a couple of skins. If I cannot re-skin and re-post then maybe I could post a decal.ini file for people to use the stock white lettering. Thanks again Peter01 for all those new flight models and the Pup skin. BTW the Data.ini for the Pup has the elevators reversed. Pull back on the stick makes the elevators go down. I already changed mine. Make "ReverseNodeOrientation" to FALSE seems to work for Left and Right elevators.

Also, I love playing your early war Campaigns. Now that the early aircraft have great flight models it adds so much to the WWI airwar experience. And now with all the new terrains, this sim is incredible (for me anyway)good.gif

Yeah, mid '15 to early '16 is where I'm at right now...I made a quick mission depicting Lanoe Hawker's three combats on 25th July 1915, that earned him the VC. It uses the Bristol Scout with the side mounted Lewis, vs the early two seater's like the Aviatik. C.II.

Unfortunately, it's too specific to my personal game install to be able to upload it, but man, I just can't stop playing it...A proper challenge, but great fun, and the new terrain (Gawd bless ya, Jan!) just makes it, as you said; "incredible".

Quack...Is there any chance that you would consider wheeling the Bristol Scout into your paint shop sometime soon? It's an excellent model and deserves a paint job to match.

No pressure though...When yer ready! :grin:

The template is really hard to figure out. I dont know what's what. Thats why it's taking me so long to get to it. But since there are so many early aircraft now with new flight models and campaigns, I guess I should have a crack at it huh? After all it was a staple early on. BTW Bucky who was that last response too?

Here is one new Pup I did with that skin. I shouldnt take any credit for it. I just put some red and white paint on it and made it look more dirty. Not a whole lot of skill involved with that. The original skin is a beauty. good.gif

Edited by quack74

Hi quack, thanks about Pup elevators, never noticed! Re skin, I PM'd you.

Edited by peter01

...BTW Bucky who was that last response too?

Sorry, man...I suppose it was a bit cryptically off topic.

I read your comment about early war campaigns and planes and just went off on a tangent.

Dunno why :dntknw: ...It was late and I was a bit work weary I think.

Incidentally, Quack, regarding the blue numbers supplied with the 'Default' Pup: They are (almost) correct for 66 Sqn 'B' Flight.

The numbers should be outlined in white though.

Incidentally, Quack, regarding the blue numbers supplied with the 'Default' Pup: They are (almost) correct for 66 Sqn 'B' Flight.

The numbers should be outlined in white though.

Good to know Bucky. I guess I'll just outline them then.good.gif

Kind of sucks I cant repost new skins using that new one as a base. They would look great.

I made that skin long time ago and i sent it to peter01.

Now i don't have an internet conection (Real life really sucks)

It was ripped from the screenshots of another game.

and now the question...

what's the name of the game???

The right answer wins a prize