i just bougth PF and installed. And i can´t run it.

what i did wrong?

thanks in advance

Okay you say you cannot start what do you mean? Do you get any error messages or does it do nothing at all?

And is it Pacific Fighters ?

Best advice is un-install reboot your PC re-install and try again...

Okay you say you cannot start what do you mean? Do you get any error messages or does it do nothing at all?

And is it Pacific Fighters ?

Best advice is un-install reboot your PC re-install and try again...

When i click the icon appears this message:

I also bought lock-on and happened to be the same

On the other hand Strike fighters go perfect

post-49327-1266282856249.jpg

Have you installed the latest patch for the game after installing it? I think 4.04 was the final one, I don't recall offhand.

4.04 was the last one if I remember rightly. Best idea is to patch it up as Jedi advised...

The latest patch is 4.09.

I think they were talking about PF alone. 4.09 is for IL2+PF or Sturmovik1946.

sethiii, what version of Windows do you have? PF worked fine for me, but I installed it on Windows 2000 (now I have 1946 on Windows XP).

Anyway, if worse come to worst, Sturmovik 1946 is only 19,95 €.

Edited by shotdown

I think they were talking about PF alone. 4.09 is for IL2+PF or Sturmovik1946.

sethiii, what version of Windows do you have? PF worked fine for me, but I installed it on Windows 2000 (now I have 1946 on Windows XP).

Anyway, if worse come to worst, Sturmovik 1946 is only 19,95 €.

i have XP SP3. Yesterday installing patches i succed with lock-on. But not with PF. Nevertheles i´ve only found 4.03 patch n ubi web. Is really available a 4.04 patch?

If still not goes, cause i´m now reinstalling PF you guy´s mean wasting 19,95 more, i will succed without troubles ?

regards

No one can guarantee that, unfortunately.

Make sure you don't get a patch with "m" at the end, that means merged and that's not what your PF-only install needs.

Nevertheles i´ve only found 4.03 patch n ubi web. Is really available a 4.04 patch?

try this

well... in fact bad. I found 4.04. yesterday. But it went to the worst.

No good.

It´s good enough Sturmovik 1946?.It´s not for the money .It´s just I´ve put much faith on this game and it really dissappointed me. I expected more of this game and i really don´t feel like giving another free present to ubisoft. i´ve just already paid for nothing.

I've been flying 1946 almost since release. Sure the game has its faults, and there are plenty of arguments out there about just which are really faults and which are "accurate", but if you want to fly literally hundreds of types of WWII fighters in pretty much every theater of the war from before it started to a fictional 1946 year from western front to eastern front to mediterranean to pacific there's no other choice. Other sims cover one area or another, but none cover ALL of them. It's a great bargain and unlikely to be replaced any time soon as the sequel in the works is starting with just the Battle of Britain and will likely NEVER cover everything il-2 does now.

well... in fact bad. I found 4.04. yesterday. But it went to the worst.

No good.

It´s good enough Sturmovik 1946?.It´s not for the money .It´s just I´ve put much faith on this game and it really dissappointed me. I expected more of this game and i really don´t feel like giving another free present to ubisoft. i´ve just already paid for nothing.

If you mean you finally made PF work and you didn't like it, then forget about 1946. Sturmovik 1946 is the whole sturmovik collection (Pacific Fighters included) plus some new planes and maps packed together in a single disk; essentially, the same game. It's better in things like graphics, I think, but the game experience is the same. If you couldn't make it work, then I can't tell you anything. I like it, but I can not guarantee other people will.If that's the problem you could try to find a Sturmovik 1946 demo and make your own judgement.

Edited by shotdown

what i really meant it´s that unfortunately i couldn´t make it works. I really felt like so much try PF. The fact is i expected to be more real, much better graphics than SFG WW2. And beacuse i don´t think the store where i bougth PF will return me the money (ok i´m not going to be broke by 5,90 € ) what about if Sturkmovic neither works? then would be 26€ for nothing. Do u know how many beers i can drink with 26€ while i´m flying with SFG?

do you know what i mean?

Nevertheless a Demo is a good idea.

Thanks

Did you try changing the games' settings? Perhaps this might work.

I don't think you can ask your money back, but you could give the game back and ask for another copy. Perhaps your disk was damaged and some files were broken. It's unlikely this is actually the problem, but you can always try.

Edited by shotdown