Sign in to follow this  
ChampionsVA56

VAL-4 Det.A OV-10A Bronco, Binh Thuy 1971-72

VAL-4 Det.A OV-10A Bronco, Binh Thuy 1971-72

The Black Ponies Of Light Attack Squadron Four (VAL-4) Came Into Being On January 3, 1969 When The Squadron Was Commissioned At Naval Air Station North Island Located Across The Bay From San Diego, California. After A Short Period Of Intense Training, The Black Ponies Packed Up And Deployed To Vietnam Where They Established Two In-Country Detachments In March, 1969.

This is for the OV-10A Bronco released by DaveJS. Tested on post 08 patch WOV.

Includes a new sound file for the Garrett T-76 Turboprop engine and an optional data file which includes a landing light in the nose

I will be flying this one quite a bit. While the rest of the Navy was flying big jets, VAL-4 was the last squadron of true stick and rudder, low and slow ground attack squadrons left in Vietnam. The Air Force and Marines used their Bronco's as FAC's. The Navy, on the other hand used the Bronco as a CAS platform to support the riverine and ARVN forces operating in the Mekong River Delta. I can't wait to wring her out. Thank You!

I was always too distracted with other stuff to snivel for gull grey black ponies.

CL