Sign in to follow this  
itifonhom

OT: Albatros D.III Build 1/48 Eduard

Hi again fellow OFFers,

as already said in another thread, I currently build an Albatros D.III in 1/48 from Eduard. A reissued Profipack version, quite nice as a model. I just finished the wood grain painting, just the rough thing, no shadow and things but looks rather nice I think. Lot of paint job yet to be done, so I´ll keep updating this tread until the model is finished.

Any recommendations, tips, critique, anything you like, is of course welcomed.

Many thanks for viewing, Anastasios.

rightsidek.jpg

leftsidev.jpg

• Like 1

I like what you've done iti. The panels look good to me with distinct grain direction/pattern. Don't expect any criticizm from me tho. I model some to and am nicht zo gut. Best wishes for a happy build. :drinks:

Thanks guys, kind of you.

Here´s an update, some basic shading to the panels.

left3ri.jpg

Superb paintwork! :clapping:

clapping.gifclapping.gif Bravo clapping.gifclapping.gif

If I hadn't already burned all my models and paints after seeing another piece of excellent work a few weeks back, I'd be doing it now.

Thanks guys, your comments are really quite motivating!! I almost finished the shadowing of the panels and painted the rudder plus some rough shadows on it. As everything, from the cockpit back, will be painted green quite soon, I need some extra harsh shadows here. Of course photos always show the shadows too harsh, maybe I didn´t found the right technique for this type of photography yet, this last update is photographed outside with natural light, no flash.

At the moment I just wait for the oils to dry, all the paintwork is artist oils for now, and the green comes next.

left4r.jpg

Ok, just sprayed the green and added some shadows on it too. The grain shows through just a little bit but I´m not sure if I got the effect right, what do you guys think??

Anastasios

left5.jpg