Sign in to follow this  
peter01

FM progress

One more upload here to Forum, maybe in a week. Then putting it all together to place in the download section, maybe another week. The final version will have some fixes & improvements to FMs and improvements to AI. I'll list out what has changed so if you have d/l'd here you can just install what has changed.

The next one here is quite big, about 16 newer/improved FMs, mainly german planes:

Fokker E1, Pfalz E1, Pfalz E3, Fokker D2, Fokker D3, Fokker D3L (with ailerons), Borts Albatros D1 & D2, Halberstadt D3, Albatros D3s, Pfalz D3s, F2Bs, Hanriot.

And that is it, until the next version by TK.

Heh, at the moment I have 117 plane folders in my install!

Edited by peter01

You cant count the Spitfire Peter only joking, thanks for all.

Peter, I've always had serious issues with Bortdafarm's aircraft, such as the entire rear portion of the fuselage swinging from side to side when the AI pilot uses rudder, and one of the Albatri flying around with sheared off prop, just little stubs left. Is this just a bad install, or have others noticed this as well?

PS: can't wait till the whole package comes out! Thank you.

Edited by Bandy

One request if possible Pete01, Could you have a look once more at the HP400? At takeoff it seems to be getting hung up. Really rough at take off for about a 1/4 of the runway. Then slowly smooths out. But all the AI plane are fine so they catch up and crash into me. I figured a way to use bombers on takeoff so I've been using them a lot lately. The HP400 is a bit hindering. Thanks

Edited by quack74

I've redone the AI as well as the FM for Borts planes that I'm doing Bandy. Re "Albatri flying around with sheared off prop, just little stubs left" haven't seen this, is it common for you? But in any case can't (or maybe more accurately, won't) be doing anything about the damage modelling on these planes.

I'll revisit the HP400 FM quack, despite some reservations. These big ones are difficult to do, loads of issues different to other FMs, it'll be the last one I look at, but can't promise I can fix it.

EDIT: Bucky, I was just thinking about "one of the Albatri flying around with sheared off prop" again. You mean once the engine is damaged I expect, as you wouldn't be able to see the props otherwise? If that is the case, the problem is really with TKs implementation of the AI flying around without a working engine as we discussed in another thread, and and again if that is the case, well wether they have a damaged prop as well a damaged engine and are still flyng, it seems neither here nor there. But maybe I'm not clear about what the problem exactly is?

Edited by peter01

I appreciate that Pete01. I figured since I figured a way to use heavy bombers at take off it would be nice to have all the "big ones" to use. Thanks a bunch.good.gif

Peter, I've always had serious issues with Bortdafarm's aircraft, such as the entire rear portion of the fuselage swinging from side to side when the AI pilot uses rudder, and one of the Albatri flying around with sheared off prop, just little stubs left. Is this just a bad install, or have others noticed this as well?

Hi, All.

Might know something about the "sheared off propeller" thing that Bandy mentioned.

I had the same thing happen to me with a "custom" plane I made for myself that was still using a pre-Expansion Pack FM.

Check your plane's DATA.ini for the entry "DamagedPropNodeName=D_Prop Static" (under [ENGINE]). If it's not there, add it, and see if that solves your problem.

Worked for me (and it's apparently just a visual artifact).

[Engine]

SystemType=PROP_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL

EngineID=1

SLPowerDry=149140.0

ThrustAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

ThrustPosition=0.0,0.0,0.0

ThrottleRate=0.5

AltitudeTableNumData=9

AltitudeTableDeltaX=914.4

AltitudeTableStartX=0.0

AltitudeTableData=1.000,0.945,0.891,0.836,0.782,0.727,0.673,0.618,0.000

NumBlades=2

PropDiameter=2.93

MomentOfInertia=9.74

PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableNumData=11

PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableDeltaX=0.1

PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableStartX=0.0

PropEfficiencyAdvanceRatioTableData=0.069,0.349,0.555,0.687,0.764,0.798,0.800,0.800,0.696,0.448,0.000

ConstantSpeed=FALSE

SpinnerNodeName=Spinner

StaticPropNodeName=Prop Static

SlowPropNodeName=Prop Slow

FastPropNodeName=Prop Fast

DamagedPropNodeName=D_Prop Static <-- This One

SlowPropRPM=400

FastPropRPM=800

MaxPropRPM=1360

IdlePropRPM=500

DARoot

I don't know if this is the issue your having but there are FMs made for Borts original model DI,DII etc and also Bort made conversions of the stock DV into the earlier models.If you put the conversion FM in the original model folders it leads to all sorts of issues like the whole tail moving.I unfortunaly have made that error in the past.