Sign in to follow this  
squid

SF2 framerates counter

The framerate indicator is not showing actual current framerates. Both indications are stuck on a blend of 59 & 60 projected one on top of the other. Only the indicators of the second row show actual clear numbers that make some sense although static. Even in the case of framerates getting to be slide show slow, nothing changes in the first line. SF2 feb '10

i am missing maybe some readme on how the new framerate counter works? checked SF1 in XP and the counter is different, the usual one i knew so far, single line, on the fly actual fps :oops:

And you know it's wrong because.........? FRAPS agrees with the in-game counter, show us evidence to the contrary.

img00139.JPG

i didnt say its wrong. i am asking first if its ok :) and then some input on how to read it properly as i have no clear clue on how exactly to read the new system. There are instances where fps are for sure under under 60, and by experience felt like lets say 15, the thing crawls, and nothing changes in the indicators, the 59-60 mix remains the same ... Thats a lovely screenshot btw :) whats delta? whats the difference between game and graphics ?

i didnt say its wrong. i am asking first if its ok :) and then some input on how to read it properly as i have no clear clue on how exactly to read the new system. There are instances where fps are for sure under under 60, and by experience felt like lets say 15, the thing crawls, and nothing changes in the indicators, the 59-60 mix remains the same ... Thats a lovely screenshot btw :) whats delta? whats the difference between game and graphics ?

You sure did....look at your first post. And I quote, "The framerate indicator is not showing actual current framerates."

FRAPs agrees with the frame counter. IIRC, The other counters are lowest fps (gfx engine startup), maximum (self explanatory), and delta (difference between low and high in that partucular debug session).

Edited by Fubar512
forgot to include reply

yeap i am not claiming its wrong. i am just stating what i see, and how i interpet it with my current knowledge, untill i get more input and learn more on what exactly are the figures or behavior i see. Cant help it noticing that when the game crawls and obviously does way less than 60 or 30 it is still showing the 59/60 merging figure on the first line. Maybe theres something funky with my dx or drivers setup or something, or should i read somewhere how exactly to read this. One more thing to check, does the 60 variates at all to less, like 50-40 or something with your pc's out there? Thanks :)

Edited by squid

yeap i am not claiming its wrong. i am just stating what i see, and how i interpet it with my current knowledge, untill i get more input and learn more on what exactly are the figures or behavior i see. Cant help it noticing that when the game crawls and obviously does way less than 60 or 30 it is still showing the 59/60 merging figure on the first line.

Well, you obsviously need to verify it with a 3rd party FPS utility. I can honestly say that I've not experienced anything more than a half-rate slowdown (down into the low 30 FPS range) since the last two patches. SF2 runs a lot smoother than the original series on my system.

oh true, SF2 runs noticeably smoother than the SF1 on same system here too. Its just that in some missions and under certain angles (or cockpit views) on certain position in the scene i can witness a sudden big drop, I havent noticed the 59/60 of the first line changing at all though, not even something like 55 lets say or 57 :dntknw: Yeap i should do that, will start with FRAPS as well :)