Sign in to follow this  
Top_Gun

Roads Package About Ready-payware

Check out these roads flight one is about to release as a payware update :eek:

Here are a few shots comparing the default, to new USA Roads. Notice the more accurate road placement, as well as curve details. It is also very likely you will be able to locate the street you live on, or work at, with this product.

before

Asheville1.jpg

Default Asheville

after

Asheville2.jpg

Updated with USA Roads

Columbus1.jpg

Default outside Columbus OH.

Columbus2.jpg

USA Roads - Notice the new road placement, and how the roads curve accurately.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=7507&PN=1

more over heads at airports in the above link

Check out this night shots

atlnight1.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 28, 2004

USA Roads for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Flight One Software, in cooperation with Scenery Solutions, has announced the upcoming and exciting new product: USA Roads for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Designed to raise Flight Simulator 2004 to new heights of realism, USA Roads for Microsoft Flight Simulator will bring your flying experience alive with nearly every road in the continental USA, from surface streets in your neighborhood, to the major roads, highways, and more. Interchanges, ramps, access roads, are all included. The entire continental United States is covered in super high detail, with millions of miles of roads.

The product uses precision proprietary mapping data to provide highly accurate road layouts. Divided roadways and highways are displayed in their correct positioning for both sides, not just as a single line using a divided road texture. You will see roads the way they are supposed to look! This is invaluable for those VFR flights where you need road and highway landmarks to help you navigate. Now you can take off low and slow in the Piper Cub from the tip of Florida, across the central plains, up through the northwest mountain regions, and all the way to Seattle, with just USA Roads and a road map.

USA Roads have been carefully optimized for FS2004 to have little impact on performance, and to blend in nicely with existing scenery textures, land class, and terrain mesh. USA Roads include their own texture set. New daytime textures brighten up concrete roadways and blend in with the urban land class textures. New night textures provide more accurate looking street-lighting effects.

Initial product release will be in downloadable format and will require a broadband connection because of size. The CD ROM version will be available shortly after the download version is released. Product release is expected to be in mid June with tentative pricing set to $29.95 for the download version, and $34.95 for the CD ROM version.

For more information, please go to http://www.flight1.com, or the USA Roads forum at http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19.

Man, that is a huge improvement! The whole roads situation in FS9 has bugged me a lot when flying VFR around my hometown. I wonder what the price will be?

on the forums I thought I heard around $29.99

This is a big issue with me as well. Might make a nice Fathers day or Xmas gift ;-)

Sweet, my wife has been working a lot of OT and gave me some money to buy this.

Made the purchase last night, I'll post some screenshots tomorrow B)

Cool, can you post some pics of Spokane area if you get a chance?