Sign in to follow this  
peter01

FM upload - FE1 and FE2

Thought I'd start a new thread so this doesn't get lost.

I won't be uploading anymore FMs to the forum, it is starting to get confusing with so many FM Updates! I'll combine everything and upload to the Download section for one download. It is taking some time, so maybe another week or so. The download will be for FE1 and FE2. The difference between the two is really the Game Files.

There are quite a few changes between what I have uploaded here so far in the forum and in the final download, so recommend you download and reinstall when available.

Some changes:

The game files (weapondata and gundata files) for FE2 are newer and improved.

Will include the extra FMs I haven't yet released, that I mentioned in the FM Progress thread (Fokker E1, Pfalz E1, Pfalz E3, Fokker D2, Fokker D3, Fokker D3L (with ailerons), Borts Albatros D1 & D2, Halberstadt D3, Albatros D3s, Pfalz D3s, F2Bs, Hanriot). More specifically there is also two Pfalzes one with 160 HP engine, the other with a 180 HP engine. Two F2Bs, one with Lewis on wing, one without.

There are changes to FMs - fixes like elevators to HP400 and Pup, and tweaks to the FMs eg, Spads 13s, Strutter, Morane L, Morane N's, Se5a.

Also Snipe FM changed considerable, more gritty and far better performance, and comes with a new cockpit - the Camels. Not a great fit, this one is hard to do. If you don't like it, change in snipe.ini from:

//CockpitDataFile=Snipe_cockpit.ini

CockpitDataFile=SnipeNew_cockpit.ini

to ...

CockpitDataFile=Snipe_cockpit.ini

Quite a few AI changes - the Fokker E3s (for Bucky), Walfisch, Hannovers, Spad7s and a few more I can't remember.

I've tweaked the FMs and loadouts for all the combo-loadout planes quite a bit, including placement of Lewis on wings. The Camel placements are far better now, and the FMs for the Lewis version and the F2 version are somewhat different, more based on my Camel 130hp FM (the previous ones were not). Also the only Camel 110hp Lewis is a dual Lewis - there was no single Lewis version.

So in short: it will be ready soon, and you should download and reinstall the FMs and game files. This will be the last update by me for FE1.

Edit: Ahh, couple more newer ones I forgot to mention. The Fe2d, N27 RFC (with single Lewis), Albatros D3 Oef, Hansa Brandenburg DI and Phonix D1. The last two have improved capability, they were a bit too hard before, and the Phonix is the slightly better performer with the larger and improved rudder.

Edited by peter01

Big day today, and uploaded, so should be ready some time soon. 108 FMs!

FE1 and FE2 FMs and Game Files 2010

Although I knew an awful lot less about FE FMs 3 years ago, the FE1 original FMs were a breeze compared to the Expansion Pack FMs. The latter were enormously difficult, almost impossible to do. FE2 FMs seem much simpler to do, more like the FE1 Original ones in terms of effort. I'm pleased to have done these for the EP, I like many of them a lot and it was a great challenge, but I'm even more pleased to think that these are the last ones I'll ever do for that version.

Edited by peter01

Hello Peter01

Thanks for the latest compilation of 'FE1 and FE2 FMs and Essential Files Mod' you have posted. It is great to have them all finally collected in one location.

I have a question about the Soundlist.ini File in your Flight Folder and the the .wav files in the Sounds Folder you have or have not included. I find several sounds like "37mm", "Vickers1", "Vickers2", "hotchkiss", "BMW IIIa", etc. that are referred to in your Soundlist.ini that are not included in TK's FEG or FE2 original game releases. I know that several folks, like Firecage, of one, have posted new sound .wav files in the past and I am using them by just dropping the new sounds into the Sounds Folder and making sure that the sound name is spelled correctly when called out.

But...

1) Where can I go to get these missing sound files that you reference?

2) and Do I need to edit the soundlist.ini file each time I include all the new sounds files that I use in my games?

I have in the past just put added a new sound in the Sounds Folder for the FEG game and the .wav file seems to play OK when the _Data.ini file calls for that particular sound to be heard.

OlPaint01

just try not to think about what might happen when TK releases the first expansion pack for FE2. :jk:

Thankfully, that's not a problem us old fashioned 'FE1'ers' have to worry about anymore. :no:

FE1 has now, to all intents and purposes, reached the apex of its development. There are some guys new to FE that won't know about the major setback Peter had to contend with when the EP was released with all the changes to the FM code. He could've given up at that point and no one would've blamed him either. But thanks to Peter's dogged perseverance (and no little talent), we now have a game with arguably the best AI ever seen in any flight simulation.

Peter, thank you for all your efforts...I take my hat off to you mate :hi:

Hello Peter01

Thanks for the latest compilation of 'FE1 and FE2 FMs and Essential Files Mod' you have posted. It is great to have them all finally collected in one location.

I have a question about the Soundlist.ini File in your Flight Folder and the the .wav files in the Sounds Folder you have or have not included. I find several sounds like "37mm", "Vickers1", "Vickers2", "hotchkiss", "BMW IIIa", etc. that are referred to in your Soundlist.ini that are not included in TK's FEG or FE2 original game releases. I know that several folks, like Firecage, of one, have posted new sound .wav files in the past and I am using them by just dropping the new sounds into the Sounds Folder and making sure that the sound name is spelled correctly when called out.

But...

1) Where can I go to get these missing sound files that you reference?

2) and Do I need to edit the soundlist.ini file each time I include all the new sounds files that I use in my games?

I have in the past just put added a new sound in the Sounds Folder for the FEG game and the .wav file seems to play OK when the _Data.ini file calls for that particular sound to be heard.

OlPaint01

Well OlPaint, not sure I'm the right person to reply on sound files, I hardly use add-on sound files. Perhaps someone else can answer your general questions. The only ones I use in this FM package are Thirdwire's Proploop, the A-Teams RotaryEngine for engines and the "37mm" cannon sound. For myself I use Bucky's gun sounds and his very excellent windloop sound.

The "37mm" sound is used for the Spad 12 cannon, and is needed for this package if you install the Spad 12.

The "hotchkiss", "BMW IIIa" were sound files I tried in the past, but not anymore, or in the package - just didn't remove them from list.

The "Vickers1", "Vickers2" were additions by me to test different gun sounds for different planes whilst keeping my standard Vickers sound for other planes, but again don't use these myself now, or in the package.

I have no idea anymore which files I used for these sounds in the past anymore, some of these may have been 2-3 years ago - try the download section maybe?

Edited by peter01