In the Kurnass I've seen this light up next to the RADAR. It's not all the time, sometimes it comes on then goes out, other times it never comes on at all.

What does it mean and what is it telling me?

In the Kurnass I've seen this light up next to the RADAR. It's not all the time, sometimes it comes on then goes out, other times it never comes on at all.

What does it mean and what is it telling me?

Vc stands for "Velocity, closure" or closure rate (in plain English :grin: ). I'd interpret that light as telling you that you're not closing on the selected target at a sufficient rate/range to guarantee a tail shot, within the parameters of the selected weapon.

• Like 1

Ah, thank you very much. That makes a lot of sense (now hehe). good.gif

Come to think of it, I think I do miss a lot under those conditions. And I have seen it while in tail chase, and Sparrows are all aspect, so I'm guessing then that it's saying that despite being in range, it's a low chance of a hit due to closure rate. Hmm... I'll have to see the next time that comes up if I can light the burners and speed up (assuming it's possible), and also try holding fire to points when that light is not on and see if that improves my hit rate.

Makes me wish that the J was that sophisticated (and also makes me think that the gun's presence on the E is not a limitaiton for it's eyes, or at least not as big a one as Biggus was suggesting). But, maybe I can try to take note of the parameters in the Kurnass and manually watch them in the J to try to duplicate the right conditions. (thinking out lout now... lol)