Sign in to follow this  
skyline

Newbie practice to play WOV!

Hi! all. I'm a newbie come to WOV. Before i played many arcade flight sim: f22 lightning 3, hawk... Now i buy WOV and try to play it. In the beginning, do i need play on easiest difficult or hard difficult? Do anyone have some tips for me to practice this game? Thank everyone to help me!

Hi skyline and welcome,if I were you I would start out on easy and work my way up to the hard settings, get used to the game and get some flying under your belt before you go all out.Remember if you start out on hard and get frustrated then the game will probably end up on a shelf somewhere,I've seen this happen with some of the games my kids have bought.Would not want this to happen to such a fantastic game like WOV or you.

From one recent n00b to another, welcome. :drinks:

I would recommend diving straight in. Use the hard FM, but maybe set the HUD display and visual targeting to normal. There is something to be said for easing into things, however, often the baptism of fire is the way to go as well. You can always change things if you don't like it later. But using those settings and a kick ass plane like one of the downloadable F-16s or F-15 or F-14 in single missions will help you get the feel for things (because they generally hold a huge advantage over the AI, so even though you're on the full FM, you're not left floundering). Or if you're into ground pounding, set enemy air defenses to light and get the feel for dropping iron.

On that note, look for and download The Bomb Range terrain, it's perfect for plane testing and target practice and also has great help for tips on air to air intercept (complete with training missions and all).

Thank gumpy for your reply! In easy mode, i feel very easy to shoot out any enemy plane. I will try many month to go forward hard mode.