Sign in to follow this  
emengency

How does AF count destroyed targets !

Hi,

I planned to attack an EWR. The recon-window showed 3 SA-10 and 2 SA-14 as "watchdogs", all close together.

My idea was to finish them in low level flight with Rockeyes. So I set the steerpoint on the center target and

dropped 6 Rockeyes there. ( just to make sure )

The debriefing said that I killed 1 SA-10 and 1 SA-14, but the recon after the mission showed that all of them

were gone. Is it possible ( so I heard in a German Forum ), that the explosion of a SA-10 had destroyed three

other targets quicker than my clusters so that they did not appear on my debriefing list ?

A retreat of the AA-Batallion immidiately after the attack is unlikely, cause the KrAz-trucks were still there.

Also a second attack of another flight cause I found all remaining targets in the next mission.

Has anyone experienced something like this ?

Good easter y'all!

Edited by CarlosemoG

Is it possible ( so I heard in a German Forum ), that the explosion of a SA-10 had destroyed three

other targets quicker than my clusters so that they did not appear on my debriefing list ?

No, it's not possible.

A couple of things could have happened:

1. They drove off after the attack; but as you mentioned they would not leave the KrAz behind, so in this particular case I doubt that is what happened.

2. After you took off another package targeted and destroyed your target or they hit your target after you did.

Falcon has a living breathing combat environment, the best ever created; if you didn't destroy an important target others will be sent to clean up.

Hag

I can't believe that another flight attacked this target after me.

1. 6 Rockeyes ( 3 pair, BA 1000 ) dropped in a single run on 5 targets standing close to close should have been more than enough

2. In doubt if there is still a threat in second run up I dropped all MK82 on the main radar ( destroyed ) and disappeared

3. Recon right after landing said: remainig targets 5 KraZ, 4 radars, radio tower ...

4. Minutes later I took off for a 2nd mission and found exactly the same situation ( another flight would have destroyed more than the 3 SA's )

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear there was I?

Another flight could have hit your target before you, leaving you only those few targets to destroy.

IMHO rockeyes should be dumped as singles with a 1500ft burst radius and a spacing of about 1000. This gives a very nice coverage; put the thing on the center vehicle and hold the pickle. Remember the bomb string centers on your target(piper); AKA half will fall before and half will fall after your designated target.

A better weapon for Air Defence would probably be something like the CB87: Burst 2500, spacing 750

Good luck,

Hag

I know, 6 Rocks were a waste of ammo but I had too much respect for the SA's.

And the low BA was by reason of the SA-mix. High attack, no (SA-10), mid alt attack, no (SA-14).

They only way was "through the treetops".

Anyway, TNX for your replies.