Sign in to follow this  
Creepy847

Super Hornet Install

When the Superhornet first came out I installed. It flew perfectly. After a week or two I went to fly it. After selecting the aircraft I clicked on fly an dropped out to my desktop. I tried afew times an still no luck. I redownloaded the aircraft an installed again still the same thing crash to my desktop. I tried other aircraft an they were fine they would load an I would fly.

Ive put all the gauges in the proper folder an tried the new G an F models. Still the same I crash to my desktop. I recently updated my ATI drivers to the 4.5 cant remember if the aircraft worked prior to that.

If anyone has an idea could you please respond to this post. Im sure there are afew of you with ideas. Please help if you can.

I have the latest updates for Windows sound an video.

System Specs:

P-4 2.6@3.420

2 gigs Mushkin HP 3500

Abit IC7 Max 3

ATI Radeon 9800 XT 4.5 cats.

Creative Audiogy 2

Antec 550 Watt.

Sony SDM-P232W [Monitor]

R/S

Creepy847

Edited by Creepy847

it seems there is a problem with the panel they use.

I've seen a few posts I think on SIMHQ which reference a different panel to use.

Top Gun,

thx for the post. Seems that in your panel folder there are 2 panels. When I first loaded the SH I left the extra panel alone. In the panels folder were 2 panel cfg files. 1 said panel an the other said panel backup_gauge.

Since the aircraft worked fine when I first loaded it I never thought to try the other panel cfg.

I deleted the orignal panel cfg an renamed the extra gauge panel back to panel an that cured the problem.

Smooth flying now. All 3 SH's work fine now. I did uninstall my 4.5 Cats an Rage Tweek. Installed Beta Cats 4.6s an reinstalled the Rage Tweek but I doubt that was the problem. Im pretty confident the panel was the issue.

Again thanks for the response Top.

R\S

Creepy847

USMC.