Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

From White/Yellow Gun-Sight to Red Color

Guest Raden

Re the following:

http://forum.combata...ariant-cockpit/

How can I change the default, YELLOW, color of the GUN SIGHT to RED color? 

I found it real hard in dog-fight to shoot enemies, when background were WHIITE or SUN.

Can I simply use Photoshop or the easy way using the ACDsee of r that in my XP?

In order to have the GunSight in RED, I use only F-104G (D?) of even F-4E Cockpits in my MiG-15, 17 and 21MF snd other variant of it.

Thank u for ur info/replies. Awaiting ur replies...:)) 

Guest rscsjsuso5

hey raden

yes you can use photoshop to edit the gunsight tga file, make sure it is very red and that the color goes against the sun. or you can find a gunsight tga file that uses red and simply change that aircraft cockpit data file like for example the j-6 of china of the j-6_cockpit.ini

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=F-100d_sight.tga ----- i believe you can change this to what every sight you want but make sure it show up and test it out , i'm not an expert in cockpit, basically swap and save, test and edit.

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=150

MaxLeadRange=600

DefaultLeadRange=300

MaxDepression=125

DefaultDepression=0

enjoy

if you do use photoshop make sure you understand tga files for cockpit /skinning

if you use or swap gun sight tga file make sure it works correctly and that it is red, just look around for a gunsight tga file

Edited by rscsjsuso5

Guest Raden

hey raden

yes you can use photoshop to edit the gunsight tga file, make sure it is very red and that the color goes against the sun. or you can find a gunsight tga file that uses red and simply change that aircraft cockpit data file like for example the j-6 of china of the j-6_cockpit.ini

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=F-100d_sight.tga ----- i believe you can change this to what every sight you want but make sure it show up and test it out , i'm not an expert in cockpit, basically swap and save, test and edit.

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=150

MaxLeadRange=600

DefaultLeadRange=300

MaxDepression=125

DefaultDepression=0

enjoy

if you do use photoshop make sure you understand tga files for cockpit /skinning

if you use or swap gun sight tga file make sure it works correctly and that it is red, just look around for a gunsight tga file

Senior to Senior Member--- :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Sus, as stated, I swapped already the YELLOW/WHITE GunSights Cocks (Ooops! :grin:) with those either the F-104G/D or that of the simple, dumb F-4E RED GunSight.

Denk u for ur ALWAYS nice inputs Senior hehehehe.....

Extract gunsight tga of choice from objects cat, place in relevant cockpit folder...

Using Photoshop or Gimp ... open the TGA, activate the R/G/B layers in the Channels tab, use paint bucket tool, flood R/G/B layers with color of choice. Save and close

wrench

kevin stein