Sign in to follow this  
Bard

Trackir Panning Speed In Game

anyone know where the trackir panning speed is located for the sim?

Anything wrong with your trackIr then?

was hoping there was a pan speed control within the sim or it's config files so i didn't need to edit all the points in the trackir software (pain in the butt).

couldn't find one so did the point editing.

no way around that i'm afraid.. otherwise there wouldnt have been such a fuss over it when they first released it and trackIr was in hyperspeed.

They did speed it down in 1.02 though

oh there could easily have been - a simple "trackir multiplier" value that defaults at 1 and could be entered. would allow you to easily modify the panning speeds. put in 0.75 and it' would be 3/4 speed. update the panning code to pan in accordance.

Edited by Bard

there might be but its probably burried deep in the code... There was a lot of clammoring for a hotfix for this when it was released and after 1.01 as well.

It would be nice IMO if a "multiplier" sider was available in the options ingame in all games using trackIR

hmm, i only use trackir in il2 and falcon4 - both of them have a multiplier of some sort afaik.

would have been a very simple thing to add - even if you left the interface side of things completely alone and put it in a cfg file. say, 15 minute job (basically need to program reading the value from file and also to modify the panning code from "pan N degrees" to "pan (N x multiplier) degrees".

i agree that it would be nice.

But still its not that hard to edit the trackIr software and set up different profiles for each game

nope - just a shame that little bit of polish wasn't applied.

hmm, i only use trackir in il2 and falcon4 - both of them have a multiplier of some sort afaik.

would have been a very simple thing to add - even if you left the interface side of things completely alone and put it in a cfg file. say, 15 minute job (basically need to program reading the value from file and also to modify the panning code from "pan N degrees" to "pan (N x multiplier) degrees".

Hey Bard, I use the very same TrackIR settings in Falcon 4.0 BMS 2.0 that I set up for use in Lock On and it works exactly the same within both sims. ;)

you want to send me your trackir profile you created for both?