Sign in to follow this  
Orangehat44

problems with adding vietnam expansion pack gold

So the north Vietnamese got new shells for their guns. I was striking a warehouse in a port and the sky lit up with purple pokadots, flak clouds still showed up but there were these purple dots shooting up towards me. I swear I followed the directions as The readme says. Could this be a graphics setting? (im not too comp savy.)

More info needed

Nothing wrong there. The expansion pack turned the AAA tracers into purple, red, and white dots inentionally as these are historical.

I was also shocked the first time I saw it.

more info here:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/53219-colorful-tracers/page__p__388723__hl__tracers__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=388723

Edited by jomni

Orangehat44:

You're seeing gun tracers -- there's nothing wrong with your installation. If you'd like to adjust the color of the tracers, see the ReadMe for the Expansion Pack -- there's a section that provides instructions.

Eric Howes

Okay cool, sorry it was late and I had spent the whole day working on my car so I was pretty whooped, and was pretty confused by them, and didnt have much mental capacity at the time to do anything other than ask lol. I'll check it out there were a few other weird things like waypoints not lining up with what was on my map. but then the next time I played a mission all seemed good. So I guess everythings okay. I might have to play around with settings I assume with the mod adding lots of stuff in it taxed my comp. I figured my comp was beefy enough, 3gb ram, 9800 gtx+ (I think) and I7 processor, but i was getting some slowdown as I neared my main objective as the sky lit up with aa fire. Should I just do some of the changes the readme stated? like going back to the old exhaust? Or should I just bump settings down from High to medium to pick up frame rates?

Thanks again, I started a campaign with the black knights, Love the f-8 and those 4 20 mm's, the lower payload is a drawback but loving it.