Sign in to follow this  
Pike Bishop

Where is the N.28's gunsight?

Duce and Crossbones,

Thanks for the input. I have just uploaded a quick tweak of the FM for the N28 in the FM thread, which I hope helps to address some of your concerns. Please be sure to let me know about what you like and dislike about the changes. You should find the N28 a little faster, a little easier to turn, and not as prone to weird stall behavior. Watch your speed in a prolonged dive, however!

Personally, I hate gunsites or anything else that obstructs a clear view of my target. Be close enough to shake hands with the fellow and you'll probably be able to do significant damage when you squeeze the trigger. That is especially important when flying the single gun Allied scouts. I essentially have to be twice as accurate with my gunnery skills in order to do the same amount of damage one of those bloody Huns will do to me. That's why my favorite plane is the Sopwith Triplane. Although it only has a single gun, it has a very clear view combined with exceptional turning ability. If I can see you and I am agile enough to get on your 6, I can win. The Noops almost all have some blasted gear in the way that makes it hard to see forward. The Camel has a good forward field of view but you end up fighting most of the battle looking through two tiny slots, which is a major pain. Even the Spads top wing is slow low and thick over the engine that you have little room to see ahead. A restricted FoV is a virtual death sentance for me.

If I have to aim at something far away, such as to plug a few holes into a Hun scout who is on the tail of one of my squadron mates, then I make very short bursts and adjust according to the tracer fire. If I could, I'd remove the gunsites from most of the aircraft.

Hellshade

Duce and Crossbones,

Thanks for the input. I have just uploaded a quick tweak of the FM for the N28 in the FM thread, which I hope helps to address some of your concerns. Please be sure to let me know about what you like and dislike about the changes. You should find the N28 a little faster, a little easier to turn, and not as prone to weird stall behavior. Watch your speed in a prolonged dive, however!

Herr Prop-Wasche,

Thank you for your efforts to make our gameplay so personalized. The new FM for the N28 makes it a little less tricky to fly in combat. It still has a tendency to spin but I could actually recover a little easier. I will continue to try it out and let you know more of what I think as I go through a new campaign in the 94th. Once again, thank you for your work.

Salute!

Crossbones