Sign in to follow this  
Bard

A-G padlocking bunk?

new mission created and tested with a single other entity (a truck).

selected cannon and started padlocking, padlocked everywhere but the truck.

tried from many directions (truck is near a line of trees).

you can download the test mission here:

http://taipans.dyndns.org/stuff/padtest.zip

install is pure vanilla - 1.00 to 1.02 no addons whatsoever, complete removal prior to reinstall (blah blah).

also performed without trackir active (in case there was a conflict). same results.

can anyone else confirm this?

ok - looks like this behaviour is by design - it allows you to padlock the ground in the centre of your view.

looks like a halfway point between the ideal (actually padlocking your targets) and not having padlock at all. Not very useful since you can't place it with any accuracy and odds are it's not on your target.

You can try doing what I used to on DOD. Take a transparency pen and mark a dot on the center of your screen. It'll work, if you're really adamant about AG padlocking.

I used to do this to add a crosshair to my sniper rifle, hehe.

well a large part of my problem was being unaware that you had to have bombs selected for a-g padlock to work.

You can try doing what I used to on DOD. Take a transparency pen and mark a dot on the center of your screen. It'll work, if you're really adamant about AG padlocking.

I used to do this to add a crosshair to my sniper rifle, hehe.

i used to know a guy who came to a couple of the LANs i attend who had no crosshair in any game he played and still shot accurately :) we were not worthy ;)

HACKER!!!

were they always headshots? ;)