Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

No more PS3 for USAF?

Heh...pretty sure Sony will give the USAF some special dispensation...for a small fee...

FC

You need the new firmware to go online and play games.

But for it to run whatever software the USAF is using under Linux, I don't think they need to upgrade so it's not really that bad.

Edited by jomni

Yeah the update is only required if you want to log into the Playstation Network to buy things on the store or play online so the Airforce will still be able to use them for the purpose in the article. I don't think the class action suit will stick though as the terms and conditions are clearly stated that Sony reserves the right to add and remove features to maintain the quality of the service. One idiot hacker has caused all this, if people are so mad then go hunt him down and break his fingers.

You need the new firmware to go online and play games.

But for it to run whatever software the USAF is using under Linux, I don't think they need to upgrade so it's not really that bad.

The problem is replacing broken machine. Newly built PS3 will have the new firmware from the start.

I'm sure the tech's they have at the airforce are eminently more qualified to repair a PS3 than most.

Damn, no more Guitar Hero