Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

PhotoShop Extended versions...

As the topic title asks, are any of the Photoshop Extended versions (CS3 to CS5), and their direct 3D manipulation tools to paint directly on a 3D mesh to create a texture, good for subsequent import as skins into sims???

I know SF series requires Max import for 3D models, but can you use a 3D-program-made UV map (such as in Max, Maya, etc.) and the 3D mesh itself in Photoshop Extended version to paint on and then import the skin into the sim afterwards?

Hope somebody has tried and can pass along an answer.

Edited by Bandy

I use CS3 and am happy with the results. Maybe cuz I haven't used other programs....

Salute.gif

As the topic title asks, are any of the Photoshop Extended versions (CS3 to CS5), and their direct 3D manipulation tools to paint directly on a 3D mesh to create a texture, good for subsequent import as skins into sims???

I know SF series requires Max import for 3D models, but can you use a 3D-program-made UV map (such as in Max, Maya, etc.) and the 3D mesh itself in Photoshop Extended version to paint on and then import the skin into the sim afterwards?

Hope somebody has tried and can pass along an answer.

Are you asking in regards to existing models?

I use CS3 ...

Salute.gif

OK, thanks for reply, BUT do you use CS3 Extended??? That is the version that has the 3D tools allowing you to paint onto a 3D mesh.

@ Fubar512

Doesn't matter really, but for the sake of argument let's say no, I'll be using CSx Extended for only new 3D models.

Edited by Bandy