I've flown with it for a long time but can't tolerate it anymore.

I know that the solution has been here more than a few times but after some searches i can't find it. The info on the lower left is fine. I just want to get rid of the annoying upper right screen.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Guest rscsjsuso5

i don't know if this helps , but what i did is use this modders suggestion http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/4993-radar-screen-relocation/ , just relocate it and it should be fine , my preference but i don't know about you , i hope you are talking about gen 1 games for thirdwire cause this ini edit is for gen 1 just to let you know.

enjoy your night

I've flown with it for a long time but can't tolerate it anymore.

I know that the solution has been here more than a few times but after some searches i can't find it. The info on the lower left is fine. I just want to get rid of the annoying upper right screen.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think all you have to do select avionics to 'Hard' in the Options panel...something like that. Of course, I believe that gets rid of most of the targeting boxes and cones as well...

FC

extract the HUDData.ini from the Flight.cat (irrc), and comment out the section for the radar display:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

or, you can just change the Width and Height statements to 0

like:

Width=0.0

Height=0.0

another quick fix, for the annoying 'background box' around any/all text is this one:

[infoDisplay]

//BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga <---comment out tga statement

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

r5: it works exactly the same in ALL 3W sims, including FE.

And please, don't post "helpfull hints" or suggestions for fixes, if you don't have the answer. He dosen't want to relocate it, he wants it removed.

wrench

kevin stein

Greetings,

I don't know if this is correct or not but from what you have mentioned,

"....The info on the lower left is fine. I just want to get rid of the annoying upper right screen."

I think you are playing with radar difficulty on Easy, because that is the only time when the screen appears. To remove that you need to have the setting on Hard from the options menu. However if you still like to play on Easy and get rid of the screen, Wrench has provided the necessary information. It would also be helpful if you can provide screenshots.

Sincerely,

SZtypeTTTO