Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Perfect Game Ruined By Bad Call

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Tigers-Armando-Galarraga-robbed-of-perfect-game-by-bad-call?GT1=39002

Some of you know I'm a Tigers fan and this just breaks my heart. I feel terrible for the kid.

Also Ken Griffey Jr. just announced his retirement. Great player and class act.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Seattle-Mariners-Ken-Griffey-Jr-retires-060210

*If you don't like baseball, then don't post in here please. This is not what's this about.

At least you can give credit to the Ump for publicly admitting he blew the call. In this day and age, that's really saying something.

As for Griffey? For a long time he WAS Seattle. You couldn't help but mention his name in the same breath as the team. If only he could have avoided certain nagging injuries, he might have put up some truly mind boggling numbers. As it is, he is a hands down Hall Of Famer.

Just saw the replay,, UGH!

Saw the bad call in the Detroit game. After a little while I felt bad for Jim Joyce too as he knew he blew it and there was nothing to be done about it. Good thing the last out came fast or it might have gotten ugly. Being a Twins fan I saw last nights game, first for Seattle after JR's retirement. All spoke well of JR of course. Thing is that game ended with a bad call at 2nd base in the 12th. Not a good night for umpires. As we have seen with the Twins and Tigers every game counts. Here's to baseball and the fans :drinks:

Selig wont change the call. What a douche...