Sign in to follow this  
GhostDog

i finally went and bought this game

I was missing some chopper fun and also just something to fly when i dont feel like making life miserable for som poor shilka driver so i took the plunge.

Next up is finding a profile for my x36, making the traickIr2 work with the game and perhaps finding some dl's to enhance the game a little - it isnt the most beautiful game i have ever seen but i look forward to all the rest that this sim has to offer nevertheless

Guest MrMudd

Ghost dog, you will need to reinstall the Track IR drivers, during the install process it will ask you if you wish to install the drivers to FS2002 and 2004.

I do use fs2004 and 2002 mostly for the Helo's and i also have a thermal program to make my own thermal scenery files for sailplanes.

Edited by MrMudd

Thanks i will do a new install of trackIr then. I will probably be back soon for more advice :)

I got the trackIr working.

But those choppers are giving me a hard time...i have spent some time reading the stuff at HoverControl but that Bell thing is still acting up on low speeds

Guest MrMudd

I have 67 hours in the real bell 206, and currently undergoing my training in rotary wing.

I still dont like the way it behaves in full realism, so i set it for medium settings for the helos.

Fly it where you are comfortable.... Full realism settings are very overwelming in the beginning.

Edited by MrMudd

I'm impressed... and a little bit jealous

I will give it a go at a lower realism setting. My head is spinning

Ahh that helped a lot. Thank you.

I was practicing a bit in the Jetranger on the Biohaz server yesterday when Firehawkordy dropped in. I had been going over the same routiunes for so long that i had forgotten that was on a MP server so it was quite a surprice. I good one.

It was getting rather late and i was tired from practicing too hard so unfortunately i couldn't stay long. I'm looking forward to flying with with you again and meet the rest of the MSFS oldtimers

Looks sweet!

I might have to bite the bullit and get some payware stuff