Sign in to follow this  
Rugbyfan1972

Off not properly installed on Windows 7

I am looking for advise on how to either reinstall BHAH so that all the settings work in windows 7 or enable one of the settings.

The setting in question is the invincibility one, I can enable it in workshops, but I can still be shot down or brought down by ramming/colliding with another aircraft, but if I dive into the ground I find myself back up at 2000ft.

This is leading me to wonder if any other part of BHAH is broken with my installation.

I have tried everything I can think of uninstalling and reinstalling (after removing the CFS folder from my documents and AppData, and clicking all of the reset/reinstall buttons in workshop.

I am using HITR on a window 7 ultimate 64 bit OS and my system is as follows:

AMD Phenom 3.4ghz

Ati 5870 2gb

8gb ram

1.5 tb hdd

2 dvd drives (one of which is a rewriter and the one I have to install BHAH from)

850W PSU

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

It would be even more appreciated if a UncleAl could withhold the sarcasm, while giving advice.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

I know when I first stared with OFF I used "invincible" and it worked for me OK and my OS is win 7 too. I'm wondering if it may be HITR that's causing it.

It's just a thought as I don't have that. It would be interesting to see if the problem exists without HITR installed. P'raps someone else with win 7 can help.

I must admit that I found "invincible" a bit of a pain in the a*** and opted for the next level down - you just end up in hospital more but it forces you to learn the evasive skills.

I know when I first stared with OFF I used "invincible" and it worked for me OK and my OS is win 7 too. I'm wondering if it may be HITR that's causing it.

It's just a thought as I don't have that. It would be interesting to see if the problem exists without HITR installed. P'raps someone else with win 7 can help.

I must admit that I found "invincible" a bit of a pain in the a*** and opted for the next level down - you just end up in hospital more but it forces you to learn the evasive skills.

Tranquillo,

Well done you have hit the nail on the head, the problem only occurs with HITR installed and not with the 1.32 superpatch and the 1.32g minipatch installed.

Now I just have to somehow find a solution for the problem with HITR, because I do not have TIR, but as I am virtually blind in one eye I think I would have problems using TIR anyway which is one of the reasons I have not purchased it. Also if I fly with invincibility off I am shot down at an annoyingly fast rate.

Any helpful suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Glad it helped. It was the way I would've gone about it - install bit by bit and test at each stage to see where it failed.

So your problem is partially solved. Hope someone with HITR and win 7 comes along to help you the rest of the way. In the meantime, it's hot so grab yourself a cold beer :drinks: and relax.