Sign in to follow this  
Cordovan

Question about Anti-A filtering

hi there,

i got a little Question about the graphics...

i cant activate aa permanently. if choose a value from the cfs-config and then exit it will be set to 0 the next time i enter the config.

i chose "application" in the catalyst control center - so it should work (like it does with all other games)

this is till now the only problem i got (just bought the game). the rest works quite fine.

perhabs someone could describe me step by step how it could work out (i already red the hp faq but i didnt help much)

my system: ati 4870 x2 - windows 7 home premium 64 bit - intel core q9650

thanks a lot

Cordovan

You can ignore this value in CFSConfig (I believe this is a bug with CFS3) as it won't have an effect on the 3D game. Just set your anti-aliasing (e.g. to 4x) in Catalyst Control Center and you should see the effect.

Edited by Johan217

You can ignore this value in CFSConfig (I believe this is a bug with CFS3) as it won't have an effect on the 3D game. Just set your anti-aliasing (e.g. to 4x) in Catalyst Control Center and you should see the effect.

There is a known glitch in CFS3Config.exe. You have to close the exe carefully, and the results aren't displayed properly. According to the FAQ:

A22. Launch CFS3config (now accessible since V1.30 update via a button called "Graphics Config" in Workshop menu!)- make sure you set up Anti-Aliasing samples as high as possible:

Go to File menu, choose Change display options, and set up AA to highest samples and click OK. Go to FILE, EXIT (do NOT close using [X] box in top right).

Then in your Graphics card display setup (right click on desktop to get to them normally, then look for Nvidia or ATI tab usually or similar) set up to "override application settings" for AA, and set AA to whatever samples you require 2x 4 x etc.

So, set AA to the highest value within the game and then set Catalyst to override game settings. Catalyst AA settings that work best for me are 4X (Edge Detect) and Multi-Sample AA. Super-sample AA brings my machine to a crawl.