Sign in to follow this  
bigbirdk

I want the NOTO4 patch so bad...but no joy. :-(

4 times I have tried to install this patch and I feel like I have got to be missing the most obvious thing.

Its tough coming into this GREAT sim so late in the game, but if one of you guys could spot my goofy, I sure would appreciate it! Here's how its going, based upon the instructions in the "Main" folder and the N4update folder. My comments are bolded:

Do not use an merged install with SF2:I.

Psst This does work in a merged install.

This mod was huge so I broke it up into 4 parts.

First locate:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe.

This is where you will install the mod.

The the first part is called the "MAIN" folder and contains the Campaigns, Effects, Flight, Menu, Objects, PilotData, Sounds, Terrains. This goes into the:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe

Install that first!!!!!! It even says so!

COOL. I EXTRACT THE "MAIN" FOLDER INTO THE STRIKEFIGHTERS EUROPE FOLDER. SEEMS SIMPLE ENOUGH. I CAN DO THIS!

The 2nd part is called NF4Objects. Install that SECOND! It even says so in a folder called Install2nd. It goes into the:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\

STILL WITH YOU. I EXTRACT THE "NF4OBJECTS" FILE INTO THE "STRIKEFIGHTERS2 EUROPE" FOLDER. WHY IS THERE A BACKSLASH AFTER STRIKE FIGHTERS EUROPE THIS TIME. YOU JUST MESSIN' WITH ME? NO SWEAT. NO BIGGIE. I''M ROCKIN THIS MOD THING!

The 3rd part is called NF4Aircraft1. Install that Third! It even says so in a folder called Install3rd.

Its CONTENTS goes into the:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Objects

TRICKY...JUST THE "CONTENTS" OF THE "NFAIRCRAFT1" GET EXTRACED THIS TIME TO THE "OBJECTS" FILE! NICE TRY MCFLY, BUT I AM ALL OVER THIS! I OWN THE WEB!

The 4th part is called NF4Aircraft2. Install that fourth! It even says so in a folder called Install4th.

Its CONTENTS goes into the:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe\Objects

ALMOST THERE. CAKE! I PUT THE "CONTENTS" OF N4AIRCRAFT2" INTO THE OBJECTS FOLDER. I AM A GOD!

That's it! Everything is pre-configured and no modding is required.

DO NOT ADD ANY WEAPONS PACKS TO THIS!

ALRIGHT ALREADY - NO WEAPONS PACKS...GEEZE! BUT I DID INSTALL THE NF+UPDATE PATCH PER THIS INSTRUCTION:

Before installing this update pack, please ensure the original NF4+ add-on is installed and that your SF2E installation is patched to at least the Dec2009 patch level. The four original NF4+ installation packages can be obtained from CombatAce:

Installation of the update is itself simple: copy the contents of the \To_Mod_Folder directory to your SF2E Mod Folder, overwriting as prompted.

COPIED THE "CONTENTS" OF THE FILE (NOT THE FOLDER!!) TO THE MOD FOLDER. STRANGE....NOTHING SEEMS TO BE OVERWRITING???

I AM PORKED. NO SPLASH SCREEN...NO NEW PLANES...I AM THE WEBS BITCH....

PITY ME, BUT PLEASE HELP!

Errr...I mean the NATO4 patch. Maybe I installed the NOTO patch instead. It's sure saying NO TO me!

Ok, I'll try and help but I'm also bit confused why it isn't working.

To establish if you installed it to the correct location look in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe and check if you can see the added aircraft in the objects folder?

Also did you install the third wire patch first or after you added the NF4+ pack?

Ok, I'll try and help but I'm also bit confused why it isn't working.

To establish if you installed it to the correct location look in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe and check if you can see the added aircraft in the objects folder?

Also did you install the third wire patch first or after you added the NF4+ pack?

Thanks MikeyMead! really appreciate your help as the mod looks great.

I did not patch because I just bought the game 2 weeks ago and its already at the June 2010 level of patch. I looked in that folder and N4aircraft1 and N4Aircraft2 are both there, along with two other folders - GroundObject and Aircraft. Hope this helps you to help me!

So if I'm understanding you correctly you have a N4aircraft1 & a N4Aircraft2 folder as well as an Aircraft and ground object folder in the Objects fold.

The contents of the N4aircraft1 & the N4Aircraft2 should be in the main aircraft folder not separate.

Would you be able to post a screen shot of your file structure? I think you may be adding folders instead of adding sub folders to the main folders.

Edited by mikeymead

OK...I could not figure out how to get a screenshot of the file structure. :-\ I really am lame. Any chance you could take one to post so I can compare?

In the meantime, I am going to put the contents of those two aircraft folders into the main aircraft folder and see what shakes out. Thanks!

That is what you are supposed to do. All aircraft go into the aircraft folder.

OK, here's a screen shot of my NF installation:-

I'm running Xp so the location may be different to yours plus I've got a separate NF installation so ignore the Options & Enbseries file.

The main thing is that there are no extra folders.

When you add a mod unless it comes with a auto installer it is best to extract a file to a separate add on folder.

Then have a look at the file structure of the mod to familiarise your self with it.

Then copy and paste the folders which have the same names as your mods folder.

I.E. from the "InstallFirst" folder copy and paste Campaigns, Effects, Flight, Menu, Objects, PilotData, Sounds & Terrains. Not the whole folder.

Do the same for all the downloads and it should work.

Thank you very much mikeymead! I am away for a couple of days and cant wait to make the comparison. I will let you know how I make out, I have to say, this board has been very patient and helpful to me!

Got home last night and used your screenshot to get the file structure right. Happy to say its working great! I found that it was best to extract all the folders to a folder on the desktop, then cut and paste the specific files within the folders into the Strikefighters 2 Europe Folders. Can't thank you enough mikeymead!