After flying several missions in the F-22 in the War For Israel addon and getting shot down by Sparrows and whatever stupid radar guided missile the Floggers use I suspect the RCS (stealth) of the F-22 is not really up to par. That and after getting nailed over and over and over by radar guided SAMs and radar guided AAM's in several other 4.5 gen fighters in the add on I feel like the ECM in non stealth aircraft are not up to par either. So anyone know how to edit these to make them either stronger or weaker? I also wanted just to experiment. As far as the F-22, F-35, F/A-18 E/F and other top of the line western 4.5/5th gen fighters, there is a lot more that is not simulated in SF2 that makes them stealthy and their BVR missile shots very affective. AESA radars with the proper avionics suite being capable of frying enemy radars (F-22 & F-35 have this ability). So Im thinking of tweaking the RCS and/or the ECM abilities of some of these aircraft.

Are you flying with your ECM active? If so, some missiles incorporate a Home On Jam (HOJ) capability.

ECM can be altered in the weapons editor if its pod based - or in the jets _data.ini if its internal.

Radar settings are defined in the _data.ini and _avionics.inis of each jet

Are you flying with your ECM active? If so, some missiles incorporate a Home On Jam (HOJ) capability.

Thanks for the quick reply! I know HOJ capability is in many missiles in SF2, but I am still getting hit without ECM....just hit a lot faster. When I got hit by a AIM-7M Sparrow from 15nm away when I was in a F-22 I got just a little pissed to say the least!

ECM can be altered in the weapons editor if its pod based - or in the jets _data.ini if its internal.

Radar settings are defined in the _data.ini and _avionics.inis of each jet

What about the radar cross section of an aircraft? I know that the F-22's declassified head on RCS is .07sq ft (or extremely close to this) versus the F-15's which is about 4,500sq ft.

For internal ECM is it somewhere in the aircraft folder?

Thanks for the quick response!

RCS settings in the sim are calculated by the size of the 'hitboxes' for the particular aircraft. So it means for non-stealthy aircraft, the RCS should match roughly what the aircraft has in real life.

However, in the data.ini of the aircraft, there is a line called BaseRCSModifier under the [DetectSystem] portion of the ini. This modifier is exactly that, simply multiply the modifier by the rough RCS of an average non-stealthy aircraft of comparable size, and that will give you the average RCS value.

In other words, find a real world value of say something like an F-15, the projected value of the F-22, find the ratio (say something like .01), and plug that value into the BaseRCSModifier line.

FC