Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Cars 2 coming in 2011

I am looking forward to this one, ok I'm a kid at heart!

Yeah, ima kid too. Something about the pixar movies seems to hit a cord and bring back good memories. Maybe the movies are written by folks who remember what it was like to be a kid when you still could be one. Loved Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, and the first Cars. Cant wait to see this Cars 2 and TS 3. Oh, to be a kid again...sigh...

Wait... are the bad guys an AMC Pacer and Gremlin?

...those are definetly bad cars.

I'll tell ya, Pixar makes some good flicks. I think one of the reasons is that they really put their skull sweat into it. You watch some of the extras on the original Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, etc, you can see just how much research and front end work they do. It's almost like a craft vs a production. Dreamworks makes some fun animated flicks, but Pixar really does go just that extra mile.

FC

Still need to get round to watching Cars 1 as whenever I set to watch it people decide its a good time to disturb me... And FC your right some of the Pixar stuff is fantastic though in the Cinema its great that they do a little short movie as well which is just as well crafted and harks back to when they used to show a cartoon or short movie back in the 70's...

And yes I am a child at heart as it allows me to find wonder still in everyday things...

Edited by Slartibartfast

I own every Pixar film on either DVD or Bluray (I've not repurchased on BD any I already had on DVD, unlike some films), haven't gotten around to seeing TS3 yet.

They are also unique in that they seem to be the only ones capable of making an animated film that makes you feel genuine emotion and not just laughs. Did anyone over the age of 21 not feel brought to tears by the opening and closing of Up? It means nothing to kids, but to adults it was just heart-wrenching.

Even films with a ridiculous premise like Ratatouille were awesome.