Sign in to follow this  
carm

Dr1

How do you create DR1?

The Fokker DR1 folder is there but I cant create a DR1 in KMD mission editor.

Also, I have downloaded the skins for DR1 how do I put it in the game?

Thanks

unless the skins were BUILT for the stock DR1, they won't work. If they're for the DATs tripe, you'll need their aircraft.

IIRC, the KMD needs things things now longer 'available' in FE2; some object list ini or something ??? None of the available 3rd party mission builders are fully compatable with SF2/FE2 due to internal changes in the game.

I wonder if TK is going to add the mission builder to FE2, after SF2:Es expansionpak 2 comes out.....hopefully, yes.

wrench

kevin stein

my stock DR1 folder contains the loadout.ini file only and my FE is FE1.

I can't choose Fokker DR1 from the aricraft menu either????

So you're saying Fokker DR1 should be there or i get it wrong??

please help.

Since I no longer deal with 1stGen games (excepting some WW2 stuff), bear with me. (actualy the only real difference between 1stGen and NextGen game is WHERE the stuff is, same exact folder structure, just NOT in the core game install)

So, assuming (oh! that word!) you have FE1 with the expansion pak??? That added the DR1. It did not come, as far as I can remember, with the original FE.

If so, you should have in your folder tree a pathway similiar to this

/First Eagles/Objects/Aircraft/Dr1

so, you then unzip whichever skin you've downloaded to a temp folder or your desktop or somewhere's else that's easy to find.

Then, you copy/paste the new skin folder (lets just call it Jasta99 for ease) INTO the Dr1 folder.

So, now the path reads...(and how the folders should look...)

/First Eagles/Objects/Aircraft/Dr1/Jasta99

when you next start the game, you should be able to use the pulldown on the loadout screen, and select the new "Jasta99" skin

This should be covered in the SF/Wo* Knowledge Base, a few forums above this. It sounds like you're fairly new to this so, a friendly suggestion --- READ every post in the Knowledge Bases (both the SF/Wo* and any here in the FE Forums). That'll give you a base to work from.

ALWAYS read the readmes that (should!) accompany EVERY download here at CA. They are there for a reason -- it's the install instructions.

And the pdf that's the game manual, too.

However...

you mention you ONLY have a Dr1_Loadout.ini in the tripe's folder...this is NOT right! You should have at the very least the stock skin folders (I don't remember how many), and the single most critical file .. the Dr1.ini. That is THE main file that allows the game engine to recognize the aircraft exists.

How as this version of game obtained? From downloading at TKs site (the only actual way for the last several years), or from "some other place". These questions have to be asked, so take no offense. We've have MANY instances of folks having issues with 3W games that obtained them, well... "extra-legally". Said types of game are usually incomplete in one way or another. If this is the case, there's nothing to be done. "It is what it is", for better or worse.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Thanks! I don't have the expansion pack, no wonder I don't have it. I have had the folder because I have applied " Guitarclassic55's Replacement Menu Screen WITH MOVIE".

where i can find DR1 for download if I don't have the expansion pack?

Edited by Wrench
PLEASE! do NOT quote entire previous posts when responding

Or, better yet..

http://www.thirdwire.com/

as you not only get the DR1, but the other terrain, and some other aircraft.

AND/OR...

for the same $20 USD, you could buy FE2, and get everything all in one package. Provided, that is, your computer has the horsepower to run the newer (aka) NextGen games.

wrench

kevin stein