Sign in to follow this  
gillg

SF2 and directx kill old games

Purchased SF2 and SF2E the other day, love it!!!! But...........

Well, i have windows 7, Nvidia GTX 9800, intel quad core Q9300, both updated to latest drivers and my Enemy Engaged game worked on this system before i installed SF2 Europe. Now the only change made when i check restore points was that it installed directx, when SF2 was installed.

I have tried installing EE after, tried runing in compatability mode, tried running the installer in compat. mode but it refuses to run after SF install.

My only hope is to dual boot (i have 2 HD) with xp and win7. I know EE runs on xp as well. Anyone else got any better ideas?

Cheers

I don't remember ANY of the SF series installing DirectX...anyone else?

FC

FC

Maybe not as part of the SF2 install process but I HAVE had to update directx to run SF2 (and some patches of SF).

I have EE and SF2 installed under win 7 and have had no problems.

Just a thought. Did you delete all EE folders after you uninstalled and then do a clean re-install? You might have some residual config files hanging around that might be giving you grief.

Edited by DoctorQuest

Why would SF2 install DirectX in Win7 if it comes with DX11, or what's its number?

FC

Actually, IT DOES install it as part of the instalation process, at least under Windows XP

true, there's even dxredist folder in the game root folder...

Maybe not as part of the SF2 install process but I HAVE had to update directx to run SF2 (and some patches of SF).

I have EE and SF2 installed under win 7 and have had no problems.

Just a thought. Did you delete all EE folders after you uninstalled and then do a clean re-install? You might have some residual config files hanging around that might be giving you grief.

Yes Doc, I run ccleaner to get rid of any registry values and did a clean install. What system are u running? What version of directx do you have?

It maybe my graphics card/matherboard, or both that are doing it.

My wife has a laptop and i tried installing both on that and it works. She has an ATI card and directx 10.

If it's my system then i don't mind having a dual boot, just like to know if i can avoid that scenario thats all

Ladies and gents, I am happy. I just did a complete install of win7, installed SF series games, then my EEAH and EECH combo, and viola!!!!!!

I didn't install the latest Nvidia drivers and it works. Thats what killed them in the first place. My apologies to the SF series of games for blaming them.

Cheers all!