Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

Player Flight Altitude?

While I'm shamelessly spamming away on the board - or at least it feels like that as I haven't posted regularly in so long! :rofl:

I'm starting a new pilot career in OFF - as Friedrich Rothmann, flying for Jasta 1 in September 1915. We're flying the Fokker Eindecker. To reflect the times, I've got enemy air activity set to low - so that the number of flights reflects the lower numbers of aircraft on the front in 1915. My question is this: Should I also dip the altitude settings down to "up to 3000ft" as well? If I do, will this alter the AI flights as well, or does this just reduce my flight of Fokkers to low hanging fruit on the food chain?

Don't stop, mate - we need every contribution!

Wish I could answer your question, but I don't know.

What I did notice, is that AI often appears higher than me, no matter what setting I used. So, be prepared!

You may also want to set AI aggressiveness on "historical" - they won't be as aggressive as in 1918 then,

but fly much more defensive (which I liked about the SPAD later - I couldn't get at them!)

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

I understand that the intrinsic height for the AI has been built in to low altitude for this timeframe. Bletclhley flies a lot during this time frame and meets enough AI. However, the skies were not filled at this time

Try the Sub Forums Sticky OFF - Survival In the Air Series. The SIA- Realistic Survival Settings can be found here, and represent how to tweak the Workshop Settings to achieve realism as per OFF.

New SIA - RSS will also be posted to augment our files there already.

Cheers,

British_eh

Hi there,

I understand that the intrinsic height for the AI has been built in to low altitude for this timeframe. Bletclhley flies a lot during this time frame and meets enough AI. However, the skies were not filled at this time

Try the Sub Forums Sticky OFF - Survival In the Air Series. The SIA- Realistic Survival Settings can be found here, and represent how to tweak the Workshop Settings to achieve realism as per OFF.

New SIA - RSS will also be posted to augment our files there already.

Cheers,

British_eh

British_eh, Thanks for reminding me about the SIA Series! I had a hard drive failure back in October and I forgot to require those guides when I reinstalled. Keep up the great work on those - they are immensely enjoyable and informative reads!