Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Remote PC shutdown help please

Hi Techie dudes

Need a bit of help please.

I have a teenage son, and like most teenagers, he's a pain in the the ass at times.

His PC is running windows 7, and I was wondering if it's possible to switch it off remotely, from an XP machine on the same network?

If it's possible, and I can stand the tirade of abuse...it would be useful to do..for when it's bedtime, Homework time..or indeed..Father's revenge time!! :rofl:

Any help gladly recieved, though you may risk becoming public enemy number one!...But I promise to keep your identity a secret!

Hi Techie dudes

Need a bit of help please.

I have a teenage son, and like most teenagers, he's a pain in the the ass at times.

His PC is running windows 7, and I was wondering if it's possible to switch it off remotely, from an XP machine on the same network?

If it's possible, and I can stand the tirade of abuse...it would be useful to do..for when it's bedtime, Homework time..or indeed..Father's revenge time!! :rofl:

Any help gladly recieved, though you may risk becoming public enemy number one!...But I promise to keep your identity a secret!

There is remote access software out there which you can use... but I take it you don't want him to know about it, just his PC shutting down or do you want him to see its being done by you ? I will look into it and let you know when I have a better answer... As to being public enemy number one already been there and done that this week...

Okay check your messages... if this doesn't work let me know and I will look into it further for you.

Edited by Slartibartfast

start->run->enter "shutdown -i" command then OK

in the computer list add his IP or PC Name, select shutdown from the combobox (drop down list)

unmark warn users...

and then OK

or, cut the power to the entire house :) :cool::grin:

start->run->enter "shutdown -i" command then OK

in the computer list add his IP or PC Name, select shutdown from the combobox (drop down list)

unmark warn users...

and then OK

or, cut the power to the entire house :) :cool::grin:

Thanks Nesher...yeah, I have done the powercut thing before now..but it's a little Drastic!..hahaha