Sign in to follow this  

Very nice....but the USS Neosho was a tanker, not a freighter.

USS_Neosho_in_1939_-_600x400.jpg

Neosho_and_California_From_Ford_Island_-_600x450.jpg

You gotta admit, Hinch does DO great ships! And Battleship Row looks a LOT better here, than on my Hawaii map.

For those that don't know what that screenie is from, it's from the YAP teams WW2 mod, Rising Sun. I don't have it, so I can't really comment on it, but Hinch's work is always top notch

? -- didn't/hadn't one or two them already have the tripod masts, or were they all still the cage style (too lazy to dig out my books)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

The Arizona, Oklahoma, Nevada, and Pennsylvania all had tripod masts by that time. The California, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Maryland still sported cage masts.

The Arizona, Oklahoma, Nevada, and Pennsylvania all had tripod masts by that time. The California, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Maryland still sported cage masts.

Well said. Cage masts weren't as strong as hoped for, hence the change to tripods.