Sign in to follow this  
Fabricio

Need help with modding mission map

forgiveness has nothing to do with the subject, but would need to help me with a topic and do not know where to turn for that do not quite understand the forum, but the question is this, a map made by me, as I do so my map will appear in the game planningmap for editing missions with the mission editor, detailed maps I've done in photoshop I put map.bmp planning, but when I open the field tells me that the folder is missing, that means there is something I'm doing wrong, or I'm missing something and honestly I have tried everything and do not leave me, if someone can help me or tell me where to turn to ask about this issue please let me know.

From already thank you very much

each terrain's planning maps MUST be in each terrain's folder.

They must also be 'square' ie: 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048

They must also match the naming convention seen in each terrain's main ini (example: Desert.ini) --->

[Map]

FilenameFormat=PlanningMap%d.bmp <---

Width=1000000.0

Height=1000000.0

NumZoomLevels=3

The stock 4 maps have them built into the terrain cats, and ME should be already looking at them. 3rdPart terrains should also have them (otherwise game crashes) in their respective terrain folders

Unfortunately, our old map generator, SFMap (avalible in the SF/Wo* downloads section) does NOT work with SF2, due to the fact that core game files are stored outside Mods folder. It will, however still work on new-build terrains, but ONLY if that terrain is placed in a 1stGen install (SF/WoE/WoV/WoI)

wrench

kevin stein