Sign in to follow this  
FrankD

CTD with NF4 on a December 2010-C merged install

Hello all,

first, moderator, if it ain't the right place to post it, feel free to move the thread and accept my apologies.

That said, I'm having an issue with NF4, carefully installed all elements and patchs, on a merged and up to date complete install, as anytime as I hit the Campaign option in the main menu, it crashes to desktop with a Windows error message box informing me that there's something wrong with the campaignscreen.dll file.

However, when I deactivate NF4 (by renaming the SF2 Europe's mod folder), the unmodded campaigns works like a charm.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Cheers

I got the same error and this is how you fix it.

Open the campaign ini and where it says

CampaignName=621026 Red Thunder

Change it to say:

CampaignName=1962-1026 Red Thunder

Then try it.

Amazing, that worked!

Would you know what exactly was wrong?

Anyway, thank you very much Dave drinks.gif

Cheers

Dave:

There is something very odd going on here. With the mod you were having problems with a week or so ago, the problem was clearly that the campaign screen hit the '56 campaign because it was first in the list as it loaded the campaign screen elements, and the game immediately went looking for the various player aircraft for that campaign. Of course, it couldn't find most of those player aircraft because they had been removed from that mod. The game then choked, throwing up the error message. The fix was to rename the custom campaign for that mod so that it appeared first in the list. The game had no problem finding the aircraft for the custom campaign.

In this case, however, I don't understand why FrankD would have gotten this crash. He had Exp. Pack 2 installed. He should have had all the aircraft that the '56 campaign was looking for, unless the aircraft folders for the new Exp. Pack 2 aircraft did not appear in his mod folder for NF4+.

Frank, does your NF4+ mod folder not include the new Exp. Pack 2 aircraft (e.g., F-100A/C, Hunter 1/2, Lightning 1/2/3/53/6)? If it doesn't, that would probably explain your crash.

Eric Howes

Guys, what about the fact that EXp2 '56 campaign is labeled as No 4 like NF4+ '86 campaign? Does this has to do anything with these problems?

SFP1Ace:

The NF4+ campaign should override the '56 campaign. This is being corrected in the update that we are preparing.

But the fact that the NF4+ campaigne4 should take precedence jusst makes this particular crash the more interesting. And Dave' s suggested fix (which apparently worked) had nothing to do with campaigne4.

Eric Howes

Understood, so perhaps it's one of this "under the hood" changes that came with EXP2 causing all this. Anyways, it's awesome that you continue to support NF4+ (life-time support comes to mind :grin:), I however am waiting for Dec-D patch...

SFP1Ace:

I don't fully understand it. Thought I did, but this latest case is a bit odd. The strange thing is, I don't experience the problem on WinXP DX9. It affected Dave, thoough, on Windows 7.

At least we know what the fix is: rename one of the customized campaigns in the mod so that it appears first in the list of available campaigns.

Eric Howes

hello gents,

thank you for your interest.

Frank, does your NF4+ mod folder not include the new Exp. Pack 2 aircraft (e.g., F-100A/C, Hunter 1/2, Lightning 1/2/3/53/6)? If it doesn't, that would probably explain your crash.

Eric Howes

Eric, all XP2 aircrafts are in the mod folder that I had issue with.

By the way, my system is WinXP, so Dx9 too.

My game is the combo pack over which I installed XP1, XP2 and the December C patch. I ran all exe to get the mod folders, then I installed NF4, main, obejcts and aicrafts, then the updates over it.

PS:

I posted some details about the Belgian forces in '86, not sure it was at the right place, so I respectfully bring it to your attention again:

http://combatace.com...post__p__459639

Edited by FrankD