Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

An editing ground object INI files question.

I have recently downloaded a number of Warships. However I have noticed that not all of their surface to air missile launchers are working. Five examples. The Type 22 frigate visibly has both a forward and aft SeaWorf Launcher but only the forward one will engage aircraft. The same is true of the Type 12L frigate which has a working forward SeaCat launcher but the two atop its aft superstructure sit there and do nothing. The Slava Class cruiser only uses its SA-N-6 missiles, it has its SA-N-4 launchers modeled but does not use them. The Udaloy II class I have only seen use its SA-N-9's but not its SA-N-11's. The stock Carrier also does not use its missile launchers when under attack even though the launchers are visible on the ship's stern.

Because I could find little about editing ground objects in the Knowledge Base and the above observed issues I would like to know how to edit the INI files of ships in order to activate the inactive missiles of the vessels that have their launchers physicality present in the model. Thank you.

Can't be done. In our 'Adding Anything to a Ship' thread, we talk about this limitation. Ground objects only can use one missile system, specifically one type of missile system in one location on the object. Ship combat has been a weak point of the series...the ground objects data.ini were mainly designed for SAMs, AAA, and tanks.

FC

Can't be done. In our 'Adding Anything to a Ship' thread, we talk about this limitation. Ground objects only can use one missile system, specifically one type of missile system in one location on the object. Ship combat has been a weak point of the series...the ground objects data.ini were mainly designed for SAMs, AAA, and tanks.

FC

That is a bit of a bummer. Thanks for the reply.