Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Market Garden 60years

This week is in south of Netherlands a celebration of operation Market Garden.

Everybody know that is was a dissaster.

Yesterday walked 450 veterans over the John Frost Bridge (the bridge too far). They walked their and were surprised that people are happy to see them. A veteran said: "we left Arnhem behind us as ruins and fire, and still people liked us even we didn't do what we had to do".

Tomorrow will 8 veterans do a parajump from a plane. I am gonna see that.

Remember what was happen 60years ago.

Salute to all the Veterans

Dutchy

we left Arnhem behind us as ruins and fire, and still people liked us even we didn't do what we had to do".

Sounds to me as if you live in a country that is grateful for the sacrices made thru the 'market garden' operation,that your folks know it was a failure in leadership,planning and that the ParaTroopers wanted to finish the job...its rather refreshing Dutchy to know some countries are grateful..thats real nice these days...

Great day today. I saw few veterans jump out of an C-47 Dakota. Ages between 79 till 84. Spoke a few veterans that fight their or in Normandy.

And 8 Hercules planes (5 from England, 2 from USA and 1 Dutch) dropped para's with the old system parachute as in the war.

And what can Great Brittian celebrate and memorial their war history in a foreign land. They come with complete busses full of people.

Salute to the Veterans.

Dutchy