Sign in to follow this  
Typhoon

I Made A Mess Of OFF

Well it finally happened, OFF became corrupted. So me being who I am, I decided on a complete reinstall and I removed CFS3 via Control Manager,Programs and Features. I then deleted the 2 OFF folders. So far so good. Now it was time to reinstall. I followed the procedure on the Over Flanders Fields website. RATS!! I could get to the field but then it would not proceed. I then read the proper way to uninstall CFS3 so I tried that, then another reinstall. Double rats, still would not run. I then read somewhere that due to an improper uninstall there were some registry issues. So in an act of desparation I tried 2 programs that we use at work to repair registry problems. They are:

"Eusing Free Registry Cleaner" available here,

http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

and "IObit Advanced System Care Free3" available here.

http://www.iobit.com/download.html

I installed both and ran them, then did the reinstall again, and to my amazement OFF ran like a charm.

Of course had I read Uncle Al's tricks and tips a bit more carefully I could have save myself a lot of anguish not mention time.

Anyway the two programs seemed to work for me, your mileage may vary.

Tony

Next time, try "Reset OFF Manager", and if that didn't help, try "Reset CFS 3".

One of those was often all I had to do.

Not a fan of registry editors..there are so many baaaaad ones out there...That said, glad it worked for you :good:

Normally I would heartily agree with you Widowmaker, but in this case we use both of these on a daily basis at the shop I work in, and have never had an adverse reaction. Mind you they don't always fix the problems that we encounter but they have never harmed anything in the 2+ years that we have been using them. ASC actually has a restore function, but we've never had to use it that I can remember.

Tony