Sign in to follow this  
elephant

Imperial German Pilots by "elephant"

OK, for those who missed them in the Official RoF Forum...

Here are my Imperial German Pilots v.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1nj215cnr5mggdc

Germanpilotsupdatev2.jpg

I made an in depth research and added to the flight helmet the proper 100% accurate chinstrap buckle and earflap snap. Also modelled the 1915 patern fliece coat with lambswool collar, issued to flight crews, (as I could better as in the RoF pilot skins a lot of mirroring is involved). Over the coat is worn a privately purchased leather flight pair of trousers, (barely visible in the pics).

As for the faces I tried to depict them as if were in the frozing altitude conditions.

Installation: copy the data folder included in the zip to your game's main directory.

If you got a previous version let the folders get merged and files overwritten.

I have noticed a small drawback with the HP O/400 as it uses the German observer/gunner as fuselage top gunner as well (Grrrr... those developers are driving me crazy!!! They corrected the mistake with the Breguet pilot being the German pilot character as I noted them and now they've placed the German gunner in the HP O/400)... :blink:

So I have included an alternative data file with the German gunner having the default brown leather flight suit and fits better as "British" in the HP. (to install copy the data folder included in the alternative folder to your game's main directory).

Use the one that suits you the best, they will be both historically correct as lots of individually purchased garments and equipment were used by flight crews during WWI, also many captured items were used as well.

Don't forged that the only work in Mods On mode!

My intention is to continue to Entente pilots but for now I have two major drawbacks.

A) The extensive use of mirroring is somewhat forbidding to depict certain details, of the British flight suits in particular,correctly, without making significant consessions.

B) The same "character" is shared by the majority of the planes in game. For example if I managed to make an "accurate" Sidcot British flight suit for the Camel and SE5 pilots it would be shared by the DH2 or the Nieuport pilots which is not historical.

In that case I prefer the generic default pilot...

So I make a petition to the developers for the introduction of more "characters", (idealy, for the current supported system, a character per crew member per plane), so to have more hisrorical representation of pilots and crew members in game.

Thanks!

Edited by elephant

great work, thanks.