Sign in to follow this  
skulz

Advise for a high end Video Card!

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which GPU you have experienced with better image quality AMD or nVIDIA ? and WHY ?

Hey guys I'm going to get a new PC in this 2 months it will be a good Performance PC to play the flight sims smoother and get Great graphics I've collected everything but I dont know which GPU to get AMD or nVIDIA.

CPU:AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

Mother Board:Gigabyte 890 FXA UD5

Rams: 2x2 1600Mhz CL7 maybe OCZ

GPU : ?

PSU :750WAT 80+ Bronze

Case: a cool case with good cooling performance.

The problem here is about not to get more FPS! it is about to get Good quality image in games I don't mean which GPU's are faster NO, My question is about which Company has better Graphic quality AMD or nVIDIA ?

Fore an example I've played Lock on, on my Notebook it uses ATI GPU Every settings were in high but I still get Mat colours or lets say there were no shining on the aircraft thats why I dont want to purchase a 350$ GPU and get upset!

Thank you.

wait...you played "Lock On" on a notebook? Personal opinion, but they really arent meant for that, could be part of the issue. Personally have used both ATI and nVidia; but really your question is akin to Ford v. Chevy, Mac v. PC, everyone has an opinion. I just bought 2x nVidia 460 GTX and have them in an SLI set up, they are quite nice and can finally run FSX at better than 14 FPS (way, way better than 14).

Cheers

wait...you played "Lock On" on a notebook? Personal opinion, but they really arent meant for that, could be part of the issue. Personally have used both ATI and nVidia; but really your question is akin to Ford v. Chevy, Mac v. PC, everyone has an opinion. I just bought 2x nVidia 460 GTX and have them in an SLI set up, they are quite nice and can finally run FSX at better than 14 FPS (way, way better than 14).

Cheers

Thanks for your reply, But I don't mean to get more FPS, Like in the same price of nVidia you could get more faster AMD/ATI Graphic cards, But here I mean the graphic quality like shadows smokes flight lightning effects water reflections etc...

ATI Cards seem to produce frames a little faster than nVidia ones. But the nVidia (high end) cards are equipped with lotsa CUDA cores, very useful to calculate complex physics stuff and light reflections and such. The nVidia GTX 500 series seems to have the upper hand in graphics experience. While ATI has more fluidity.

If you want eyecandy, well, I suggest you to aquire a nVidia GPU.

ATI Cards seem to produce frames a little faster than nVidia ones. But the nVidia (high end) cards are equipped with lotsa CUDA cores, very useful to calculate complex physics stuff and light reflections and such. The nVidia GTX 500 series seems to have the upper hand in graphics experience. While ATI has more fluidity.

If you want eyecandy, well, I suggest you to aquire a nVidia GPU.

Cool I'll keep in mind thank you!