Sign in to follow this  
DonL

Dummy question about jsgme

I am going to install jsgme and it says to install in the main folder. Is the main folder OBD software or is it the cfsww1 Over Flanders Fields folder? Thanks

Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabler

Uncle Al and Elephant thanks for the quick replies.:good:

JSGME stands for JoneSoft Generic Mods Enabler.

You can install JSGME in either of two places in OFF, or in BOTH places.

For every mod that is out there except for my Front Guns Mod and my Rear Guns Mod, you should install the JSGME exe file into your OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

The Front and Rear Guns Mods requires a second copy of JSGME to be installed in your OBDSoftware folde--the one above the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

Don't worry about the technical details, suffice it to say that I screwed up when I first made a mod for OFF and suggested people use JSGME and place it in the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. It can go in the OBDSoftware folder just as easily and actually makes more sense to be there. However, having two copies of JSGME in your OFF installation will not cause any problems with your computer. Just make sure to put the specific mod in the correct place.

I hope I haven't confused you even further with this....

UncleAl, the JSGME - JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler is a little free program.

I have installed it in the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

When you installed it, you create a folder called "mods" in the same above folder.

You can then move any mods for OFF into this "mods" folder.

Then you start JSGME, and should now see your mods in the left window.

If you mark a mod and click the arrow right, it will move into the right window and is now activated.

To remove it, you just go the opposite direction.