Sign in to follow this  
33LIMA

Jasta 34b is running out of pilots, Herr General...

Couple of questions here guys, if I may.

Am in the middle of my first FEG campaign, flying Albatros DVa's in late March 1918 for the aforementioned Bavarian Jasta. Apart from turning off most of the HUD info and map nav aids I'm flying with only landings and collisions on 'hard' so have run up a lot of kills (it seems to be counting some I got in single missions, must stop that, switch pilots first?). Nevertheless it's quite tense, nerve-wracking stuff and I have resurrected my pilot a couple of times, I have to confess. The planes, the clouds and the atmospheric visuals all look superb, a joy to behold (and apart from a few new planes and a reduced exhaust mod I'm flying stock). FE has come a long way from first release, even before you count the many great mods.

Anyhow, prob is, after my last mission I'm down to 5 out of 18 pilots, one is wounded but the rest are KIA, MIA and POW so I don't expect to see their cheerful faces back in the mess anytime soon. I've been trying to tinker with the roster to mix rookies and experienced types and rest people from time to time; however, the crunch is clearly coming soon and despite the March offensive going well and the Jasta having just been relocated to a captured RFC airfield, if I don't get some replacements soon, this can only have one end. I thought I read somewhere that there would be resupplies, but it's not planes and materiel I need, it's pilots. Soon.

So what does FE do in these situations? Am I going to get some replacements, or have to fight on to the last pilot, or is the High Command going to recognise my plight pull the Jasta out of the line before that?

And speaking of lines, the front in my sector has moved into former enemy territory and away from the old trench systems but there's no sign of the offensive that should be going on below, apart from some vicious archie from enemy airfields just the other side of the new front line from my caputred RFC 'drome. I thought I saw an 'active front mod' for FE somewhere but can't find it now; anyone know of such a thing?

TIA

Yes, this is something that annoys me quite a lot, the fresh pilot replacement take waaay too long compared with the campaign intensity (one mission per day). I think that even with only one loss per mission you will end with an empty squadron anyways lol. This can be modded easily in the campaign inis.

I will give you a fast solution. There's a way to conturn this issue the very simply :

As you can see half of my squadron should be unavailable:

rosterrr.jpg

Just add as much teammates as you need on this screen:

roster2z.jpg

And they will appear as available for your mission even though they should have been dead:

roster3.jpg

:deadhorse:

Edited by Nix

If you open the Campign's DATA.ini you can mod just about all of it. Including replacement time. You might have to unpack the Campaign's folders first.

[CampaignData]

StartDate=10/24/1917

StartDateDeviation=0

EndDate=02/01/1918

StartTime=08:00

ForceWithInitiative=0

MaxMissions=45

NormalMissionRate=0.75 <--------------------------how many missions per day or days. The higher the number the more the missions are spread out

NormalMissionRateDeviation=0.75

OffensiveMissionRate=0.1

OffensiveMissionRateDeviation=1.0

StartWeather=CLEAR

WeatherChangeInterval=0.5

CampaignEndWinScreen=wwiCampEnd.JPG

CampaignEndLoseScreen=wwiCampEndKIA.JPG

CampaignEndStallScreen=wwiCampEnd.JPG

CampaignEndWinText=Battle of CaporettoEnd.txt

CampaignEndLoseText=Battle of CaporettoEnd.txt

CampaignEndStallText=Battle of CaporettoEnd.txt

[Force001]

Alignment=FRIENDLY

Nation=ITALY

BaseArea=Werk 4 Festung Belfort

AirOffensive[001].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,AAA,HANGAR

AirOffensive[001].Secondary=MISC,LARGE_RUNWAY,AAA,HANGAR

AirOffensive[002].Primary=MISC

AirOffensive[002].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,HANGAR

AirOffensive[003].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,BRIDGE

AirOffensive[003].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,HANGAR,AAA

AirOffensive[004].Primary=WAREHOUSE,MISC

AirOffensive[004].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,AAA

AirOffensive[005].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,HANGAR,BRIDGE

AirOffensive[005].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MISC

AirOffensive[006].Primary=BRIDGE,MISC

AirOffensive[006].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,HANGAR,AAA

AirOffensive[007].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,BRIDGE

AirOffensive[007].Secondary=WAREHOUSE,MISC

AirOffensive[008].Primary=WAREHOUSE,MISC

AirOffensive[008].Secondary=LARGE_RUNWAY,HANGAR,AAA

AirOffensive[009].Primary=LARGE_RUNWAY,MEDIUM_RUNWAY,MISC

AirOffensive[009].Secondary=ANY

AirOffensive[010].Primary=ANY

AirOffensive[010].Secondary=ANY

StartGroundOffensive=1

StartInterdiction=1

Morale=60

Supply=50

NormalSupplyRate=25

OffensiveSupplyRate=-5

DefensiveSupplyRate=-5

SupplyForOffensive=60

AircraftReplacementTime=14 <------------------these lines will change replacement time and amount.

AircraftReplacement=60

GroundUnitReplacementTime=5

GroundUnitReplacement=10

RandomTransportType=ANY

WeaponResupplyTime=7

It's all trial and error. Just make small changes to the parameters first. My Austrian campaign has 2-3 missions per day and then will skip a couple of days. I too have lost a campaign because I ran out of supplies.

There are many ways to alter your campaign to make it the way you want it.

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful, will try some of that stuff.

As luck would have it, I finally got some replacements on the next mission, soon after I made the post, so maybe the High Command reads the forum here and was stung into action :)

As luck would further have it, I got shot down and killed on my first mission with some of the new guys. Sic transit gloria mundi.

anyhow, if the High Command IS reading this, thanks a heap Mein Herren, it's the thought that counts I know, but it was too little, too late :)