Sign in to follow this  
NS13Jarhead

OT - World War I in Paper

I don't recall seeing this link before, but I apologize in advance if I'm retreading old ground.

I was on a wargaming website, surprisingly enough called "The Wargamer" (www.wargamer.com) and they had a discussion about building models. One of the forum commenters mentioned that painting was for the birds and you should build models out of paper. So he provided a link to Fiddler's Green. They've got quite a collection of WWI aircraft (Taube and Fokker EIII to Junkers D-I and Siemens-Schukert D-IV). They also have tanks and armored cars. They even have some modern stuff, but who cares about that?

I don't recall seeing this link before, but I apologize in advance if I'm retreading old ground.

I was on a wargaming website, surprisingly enough called "The Wargamer" (www.wargamer.com) and they had a discussion about building models. One of the forum commenters mentioned that painting was for the birds and you should build models out of paper. So he provided a link to Fiddler's Green. They've got quite a collection of WWI aircraft (Taube and Fokker EIII to Junkers D-I and Siemens-Schukert D-IV). They also have tanks and armored cars. They even have some modern stuff, but who cares about that?

Not old ground, Jarhead. I've been aware for a while and some people have done some incredible things with Fiddler's Green models. They are very good. If you register you can get three free models, a Camel, a D.VII and a D.III I think. The great thing is that, with a colour photocopier handy, they can be scaled up or down several notches.